MK8 Feeder Adapter

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
bjsummerfield

MK8 Feeder Adapter

Postby bjsummerfield » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:27 pm

Like many of you I've had issues with heat creep and filament getting chewed up. I tried the Bondtech extruder but I didn't get great results. I found a MK8 extruder plate on thingiverse but it wasn't quite right. I made my own version if anyone wants to try it. Its been working out great for me so far.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1937467

raise3d mk8.jpg

Trhuster

Re: MK8 Feeder Adapter

Postby Trhuster » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:40 am

So you did CNC this bracket from aluminium? Looks very nice! But i don't understund what did not work out with the Bondtech extruder for you? I use Bondtech on 3 printers and i still have not have even a clog yet after around 2000 hours off printing.

But this is still a nice upgrade comparing to original extruder setup. :)

firesped

Postby firesped » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:31 am

I had trouble with my bondtech, primarily with filament melting in housing due to heat transfer from the motor and drivergear into the filament. I've taken steps to try to shield the housing from the motor heat, by using kapton tape on the motor and the back of the housing. I also have a custom board holder that mounts a fan to blow air onto the motor. I haven't shared out the files for that though.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

itehlab

Postby itehlab » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:38 am

Trhuster, that's great to hear! Which filament, slicer and settings are you using?

Trhuster

Postby Trhuster » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:47 am

itehlab wrote:Trhuster, that's great to hear! Which filament, slicer and settings are you using?

You can read about it in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=181

Return to “Hardware”