[Pro2+] Left extruder stutter, right side of bed only

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Slycat

[Pro2+] Left extruder stutter, right side of bed only

Postby Slycat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Had a big part that took up most of the build plate for the first time. Depending on the material I either print on the left side (coated with glue stick) or the right side (clean, buildtak only).
Today trying to print hugging the right side of the bed I noticed my extrusion stops completely. Though it was bad adhesion so I tried again and in the same zone no extrusion. I sliced again but with the part rotated so it would not be on the right side of the bed and was successful.

Unloaded the filament and left a little piece in the runout sensor to dry run the print. That is when I saw the extruder stutter. No under-extrusion problems or excess friction/bends in the guide tubes. This is 100% the extruder glitching but only on the last one-inch of bed in X regardless of Y or Z position.

Is this expected behavior for printing near the extremes of the volume? Can this be overridden or is this a hardware fault that needs service?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: [Pro2+] Left extruder stutter, right side of bed only

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:23 am

Your issue sounds might be related to Motor Cable.
As the issue changes when you try to move the extruder to different position, which flex the motor cable as well.

Slycat

Postby Slycat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:56 pm

Head position to X280 Y50, pre-load left extruder and skipping stutter happens. Manipulated the cable management assembly and noticed the extruder functioning. Releasing the cable management assembly caused it to form back to it's original shape and cause the stutter again.

So, yes, Vicky is correct: the issue seems to be the motor cable
But how can I best address this for large prints?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:00 pm

Please double confirm whether both ends of the motor cable have been well sitted on board and motor or is there any loose connection or not. And also the terminal on board and motor are not swapping. If the cable is properly connected on both ends, it might be something wrong inside the cable, you will need to consider replace the cable then.
Feel free to contact our technicians for further diagonise at http://help.raise3d.com.

Return to “Hardware”