Software Report Format

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Vicky@Raise3D

Re: [BUG][IM-3.0.2] Unify direct print uploads and raisecloud uploads

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:50 am

Do you mean you want to upload .idea file and model file to Cloud then download them later when you need to use or modify them to ideaMaker to slice?

sipowell wrote:Title: Complete online record
Description: Allow users to access, download, and reslice any job on the printer from raisecloud regardless of how it was originally sent.
Version: latest as of 12/09
Operation System: win 10
Reason: As the printer manager who currently works from home much of the time. In addition to being able to design, and send prints from home, Raisecloud is absolutely invaluable to me for keeping an eye on what my coworkers are printing, checking for failures via the camera, and canceling when necessary.

When physically in the lab, most of my coworkers, myself included, generally just send our jobs to the printer directly via LAN. I did so last night over LAN before I left for the night, and after checking when I got home, it looked pretty good, but I wanted to make some changes. From the cloud. I can see the file settings in 'local files', but I cannot import it into ideamaker, modify it, and print another one since it only has the Gcode. This wouldn't be a problem if the file was originally uploaded and sliced within the cloud instead, but realistically, that doesn't often happen when it's much easier in the moment to just send it directly.

Could you please figure out a way to unify the two such that either, the ideamaker file, AND Gcode are automatically sent to the printer when done directly. Or give the cloud ideamaker the ability to reconstruct the G-code into ideamaker remotely. Our pro 2 is pretty much worked to the bone at my workplace, and even after a year of several hundred files, hard disk space is not an issue so this may be the most practical solution such that raisecloud could simply pull the original ideamaker file that was included when transferred via USB or LAN.

This is not life or death, but I was certainly surprised when I discovered that this is something I cannot do in the cloud system.

Thanks,

jasonlusk

Re: Software Report Format

Postby jasonlusk » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:16 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Stevie wrote:And one of my favorites but not soooo easy to implement as I think:

[FEATURE][IM-3.4.2.3140]
Title: Non-planar slicing
Description: there is a special version of slic3r which supports non-planar slicing as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km1lvuva5mI and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmePlcU0TRw&t=3s
Version: [3.4.2.3140]
Operation System: [Windows 10 64 Bit]
Reason: Massive improvement in top layer quality

About the non-planar slicing we need to run more tests on our printer to see whether we can achieve it or not.
The new version of ideaMaker we are going to release very soon will have more ooptions for Top Surface which can improve printing result of planar top surfaces a lot.

Is there any progress on Non-planar slicing?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Software Report Format

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:19 am

jasonlusk wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Stevie wrote:And one of my favorites but not soooo easy to implement as I think:

[FEATURE][IM-3.4.2.3140]
Title: Non-planar slicing
Description: there is a special version of slic3r which supports non-planar slicing as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km1lvuva5mI and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmePlcU0TRw&t=3s
Version: [3.4.2.3140]
Operation System: [Windows 10 64 Bit]
Reason: Massive improvement in top layer quality

About the non-planar slicing we need to run more tests on our printer to see whether we can achieve it or not.
The new version of ideaMaker we are going to release very soon will have more ooptions for Top Surface which can improve printing result of planar top surfaces a lot.

Is there any progress on Non-planar slicing?

We are still working on. There will be a lot modules needed to adjust due to this new feature.

Return to “Software”