Software Report Format

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Vicky@Raise3D

Re: [BUG][IM-3.0.2] Unify direct print uploads and raisecloud uploads

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:50 am

Do you mean you want to upload .idea file and model file to Cloud then download them later when you need to use or modify them to ideaMaker to slice?

sipowell wrote:Title: Complete online record
Description: Allow users to access, download, and reslice any job on the printer from raisecloud regardless of how it was originally sent.
Version: latest as of 12/09
Operation System: win 10
Reason: As the printer manager who currently works from home much of the time. In addition to being able to design, and send prints from home, Raisecloud is absolutely invaluable to me for keeping an eye on what my coworkers are printing, checking for failures via the camera, and canceling when necessary.

When physically in the lab, most of my coworkers, myself included, generally just send our jobs to the printer directly via LAN. I did so last night over LAN before I left for the night, and after checking when I got home, it looked pretty good, but I wanted to make some changes. From the cloud. I can see the file settings in 'local files', but I cannot import it into ideamaker, modify it, and print another one since it only has the Gcode. This wouldn't be a problem if the file was originally uploaded and sliced within the cloud instead, but realistically, that doesn't often happen when it's much easier in the moment to just send it directly.

Could you please figure out a way to unify the two such that either, the ideamaker file, AND Gcode are automatically sent to the printer when done directly. Or give the cloud ideamaker the ability to reconstruct the G-code into ideamaker remotely. Our pro 2 is pretty much worked to the bone at my workplace, and even after a year of several hundred files, hard disk space is not an issue so this may be the most practical solution such that raisecloud could simply pull the original ideamaker file that was included when transferred via USB or LAN.

This is not life or death, but I was certainly surprised when I discovered that this is something I cannot do in the cloud system.

Thanks,

jasonlusk

Re: Software Report Format

Postby jasonlusk » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:16 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Stevie wrote:And one of my favorites but not soooo easy to implement as I think:

[FEATURE][IM-3.4.2.3140]
Title: Non-planar slicing
Description: there is a special version of slic3r which supports non-planar slicing as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km1lvuva5mI and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmePlcU0TRw&t=3s
Version: [3.4.2.3140]
Operation System: [Windows 10 64 Bit]
Reason: Massive improvement in top layer quality

About the non-planar slicing we need to run more tests on our printer to see whether we can achieve it or not.
The new version of ideaMaker we are going to release very soon will have more ooptions for Top Surface which can improve printing result of planar top surfaces a lot.

Is there any progress on Non-planar slicing?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:19 am

jasonlusk wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Stevie wrote:And one of my favorites but not soooo easy to implement as I think:

[FEATURE][IM-3.4.2.3140]
Title: Non-planar slicing
Description: there is a special version of slic3r which supports non-planar slicing as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km1lvuva5mI and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmePlcU0TRw&t=3s
Version: [3.4.2.3140]
Operation System: [Windows 10 64 Bit]
Reason: Massive improvement in top layer quality

About the non-planar slicing we need to run more tests on our printer to see whether we can achieve it or not.
The new version of ideaMaker we are going to release very soon will have more ooptions for Top Surface which can improve printing result of planar top surfaces a lot.

Is there any progress on Non-planar slicing?

We are still working on. There will be a lot modules needed to adjust due to this new feature.

anlambe2

[BUG][IM-4.1.1]Starting next layer slicing settings before finishing the first layer

Postby anlambe2 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:55 pm

Bug Report:
Title: Software marks layer as complete before actually completing the layer.
Description: I am doing sequential printing. Every time, the software marks a layer as complete before it is truly complete so it goes to the slicing settings of the next layer as it finishes the original layer. It also does this at the end of a part. It marks it as complete before the final layer is done, and switches to the slicing settings of the next part as it finished the original part.
Version: 4.1.1
Language: English
Operation System: Windows 10
GPU: Intel integrated GPU and Nvidia Quadro P520
32bit or 64bit: 64
Screen Resolution: 1080P
Printer: Raise3D Pro2 Plus

How to trigger the bug:
Setup Sequential Printing
Setup different settings of each part
Slice the print and upload it to printer
Print

Expected Result:
Print executes as the settings state.

Real Result:
Marks a layer as complete before it is complete. For example, I am using PETG so I set layer 1 cooling fan at 0% so the part adheres to the bed better. Before layer 1 is complete, the screen on my Pro2 Plus printer marks the print at layer 2, and the cooling fan comes on at 100% (as set to do so for layer 2). Therefore, the end of layer 1 has the cooling fan turned on. Furthermore, during sequential printing, The original part will be marked as complete, switching the slicing settings to those of the next part, BEFORE the final layer is complete.
For example... halfway through a bridging test I was doing... the fan entirely shut off during the final bridge (final layer of the part) and the screen marked the part as complete. The fan turned off because layer 1 of the next part is at 0% fan speed. This happens at every fan speed. Even if i set every layer fan speed to be 100, the fan restarts midway through the bridge... and entirely turns off midway through the final layer of the last part. Pictures do not show the bug. I can do my best to explain it. I will include idea and gcode files from both sequential prints I have done that have the same bug.

UPDATE AND EDIT: I just tried this with a non-sequential print and the same bug happened. Before the first layer was complete (about 80% complete), the printer screen said it was on layer 2, and the fan turned onto 100%. Print was set to be 0% fan on layer 1 and not turn on until layer 2, where it should be 100%.

Please advise.
Thank you
Attachments
PremptiveLayerBug.zip
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 412 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:26 pm

We have found the reason of the issue causing fan speed updated to the settings for the next layer before the current layer ends. It seems only happening when the print size of the current layer is small cause the system has moved the next line while the current layer is still printing. Will have to add a M400 code next each M160 code manually to fix it at the moment.

For example:
M160 XXXX
M400

Kahnighticus

[BUG][IM-3.0.2] 4.3.0 Beta - Apple Silicon Crashes

Postby Kahnighticus » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:45 pm

Title: 4.3.0 Beta - Apple Silicon Crashes
Description: ideaMaker often crashes. Typically after slicing has taken place and the application is idle.
Version: 4.3.0 Beta - Apple Silicon
Language: English
Operation System: MacOS 12.5.1
GPU: Apple M1 Ultra
32bit or 64bit: 64 bit
Screen Resolution: 5120 x 2880
How to trigger the bug: Slice an object. Upload to printer. Leave application idle.
Expected Result: ideaMaker does not crash
Real Result: ideaMaker crashes
Attachment: None

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:10 pm

We have seen ideaMaker with crashing issue after long time idle with all OS and sometimes under remote control mode with Apple M1.
We are working on improving it and you may see some differences in the future few versions.
If you can share us some videos of after which certain steps it will crash, it will be very helpful.

Return to “Software”