ideaMaker 3.0-RC Release Note Updated Rev. 3.0.5 2017.12.18

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Vicky@Raise3D

Re: ideaMaker 3.0-beta Release Note Updated Rev. 3.0.2 2017.11.3

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:48 am

3D MAKE wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
3D MAKE wrote:Hello guys,

I'm using the beta maker of the idea maker, I find it wonderful, but I also found a problem when I print multiple templates in the same print, the print fails always, I tried with other templates, but it is the same, I did the same job again the old version, and everything works well.
I just wanted to report this to you.
Good job!

May I ask more details about the failure? Any pictures and description or gcode file can be shared here?

solved with new beta version :D

Thanks for your update.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: ideaMaker 3.0-beta Release Note Updated Rev. 3.0.3 2017.11.13

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:54 am

Brad wrote:Hi Vicky,
This is what I was talking about with the remove printer option for all printers. I dont use the V1 hotend at all but it still populates as a selection. Same with a bunch of other printers. I would like to run my printer list nice and lean so Only the printer profiles that I use populate that list.

printer.PNG

Thanks for your suggestion! It is already in our on-going list.
We are trying to bring it into reality but meet problem when your switching the version of software, especially from later version to older.
Trying to find a better to overcome the problem of compatibility.

DeX

Postby DeX » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:57 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Do you mean you can't find the new printer under in this page after click Create button in Select Template page?
Here is for you to choose a current printing template to copy to here. If your new printer type has no template inside, it won't be shown here.

It turns out so it is impossible to just create new template under new printer and it is necessary to copy or import? hm..

DeX

Postby DeX » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:40 am

1340 beta is out here! =)
added shortcut keys! >_< (the first what I've detected)
and here is some report:
- should be great to see hints for commands with shortcut keys(look at my screenshot pls)
scr8765.png

- something strange appears after right-mouse click on buttons panel.. oh, I see!.. it's obvious to show/hide panel itself (look at my screenshot pls)
smthintrst.png

Thank you for attention.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:45 am

DeX wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Do you mean you can't find the new printer under in this page after click Create button in Select Template page?
Here is for you to choose a current printing template to copy to here. If your new printer type has no template inside, it won't be shown here.

It turns out so it is impossible to just create new template under new printer and it is necessary to copy or import? hm..

If you press Create button at this page, it means a new template will be created to Raise3D N2 - V2 Hotend, PETG 1.75mm.
1.png

And the printer type and filament type inside is where you copy the template from.
2.png
2.png (7.35 KiB) Viewed 5450 times

If you want to create a printing template to your new printer type, you need to choose your printer in this page.
3.png

Then Create.
4.png

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:31 am

DeX wrote:1340 beta is out here! =)
added shortcut keys! >_< (the first what I've detected)
and here is some report:
- should be great to see hints for commands with shortcut keys(look at my screenshot pls)
scr8765.png

- something strange appears after right-mouse click on buttons panel.. oh, I see!.. it's obvious to show/hide panel itself (look at my screenshot pls)
smthintrst.png

Thank you for attention.

1. Will add shortcut key into hints in future version.
2. Seen the same bug, will disable it later.

larod241

Postby larod241 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:24 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Brad wrote:Hi Vicky,
This is what I was talking about with the remove printer option for all printers. I dont use the V1 hotend at all but it still populates as a selection. Same with a bunch of other printers. I would like to run my printer list nice and lean so Only the printer profiles that I use populate that list.

printer.PNG

Thanks for your suggestion! It is already in our on-going list.
We are trying to bring it into reality but meet problem when your switching the version of software, especially from later version to older.
Trying to find a better to overcome the problem of compatibility.

Hi Vicky,

I would also like to have the possibility to remove unnecessary printers and some filaments installed by default.
I tried to delete them from the XML configuration file but at the launch of ideamaker, they come back and polish the view!

We already use a lot of brand and different filament patterns, so, just seeing what we use would be perfect!

Thank you !

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:54 am

larod241 wrote:
Hi Vicky,

I would also like to have the possibility to remove unnecessary printers and some filaments installed by default.
I tried to delete them from the XML configuration file but at the launch of ideamaker, they come back and polish the view!

We already use a lot of brand and different filament patterns, so, just seeing what we use would be perfect!

Thank you !

Well noted. Will add your request into the list.

chengl03

Postby chengl03 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:18 pm

Is it possible to just do a z hop for some layers/setting only? or do I have to do it for all the layers? Because when I try to add z hop to a setting, IM crashes. Thanks.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:35 am

chengl03 wrote:Is it possible to just do a z hop for some layers/setting only? or do I have to do it for all the layers? Because when I try to add z hop to a setting, IM crashes. Thanks.

Z hop can be set by layers or by models in the latest beta version of ideaMaker.
You can see Z Hop at Retraction option under Left (Right) Extruder list in both Per-Layer and Per-Group settings.
When did the ideaMaker crashes during you editing the Z hop settings, during editing the value or saving the template or Slicing or some other progress? Any error message after crash? Where did you edit the setting, in Advanced settings or Per-Layer or Per-Group? I have tried once with Per-Layer Z hop value edited with a test cube, haven't seen any crash happens.

Kertz

Postby Kertz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:41 am

Hello Vicky.

Using Updated Rev. 3.0.3, 2017.11.13. on a Linux Mint 18.2 system.

Problem 1. (bug ?).

Import stl file containing 4 fingers and a thumb. The thumb has Non-Manifold Edges. I do an Auto Repair. All is now correct.

Export stl file. Close IdeaMaker and reopen. The stl file still has the Non-Manifold Edges in it. I enclose the stl file.
unlimbitedphoenix_Fingers20171107-21486-1wi4ckt-0.stl
(579.38 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

Problem 2. (observation).

Examples are not found (File not exist). They are present in the /usr/share/ideamaker/test_models folder.

Problem 3. (request). Using several printers. It would be nice to see in the Top Title Bar the following when the Start button / Slice Button was clicked. ideaMaker - Version Id - Printer Type.

Other than the above, great work. The software is so easy to work with.

Jeff

duke666

Postby duke666 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:49 pm

And will there be such an option in the near future as turning off the power of the printer after idle time with a timer, for example 10 15 20 minutes, or going into sleep mode for example? I think this is just a necessary feature for all devices

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Given that things like the power supply, the motion controller board, the LED strips, and the fans throughout the printer are not on any software controllable output, the answer is simply no, the machine is not capable of "going to sleep" in the sense of the functions many of you want (fans and LED lights to turn off), let alone this concept that the main power supply is on and there is no "standby" or "sleep" smaller power supply to wake up from, this request keeps getting asked for but is not just a firmware update away.

Yes, some folks have plugged the entire printer into a controlled outlet device that just kills the power, but that is not the same as what (sleep mode) being requested.

3D MAKE

Postby 3D MAKE » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:13 am

I solve this issues plugging the printer by a WiFi controlled plug, it's not the same, but work fine. I solve the airplaine noise made by the fans ;)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:22 am

Kertz wrote:Hello Vicky.

Problem 1. (bug ?).

Import stl file containing 4 fingers and a thumb. The thumb has Non-Manifold Edges. I do an Auto Repair. All is now correct.

Export stl file. Close IdeaMaker and reopen. The stl file still has the Non-Manifold Edges in it. I enclose the stl file.

Examples are not found (File not exist). They are present in the /usr/share/ideamaker/test_models folder.

Problem 3. (request). Using several printers. It would be nice to see in the Top Title Bar the following when the Start button / Slice Button was clicked. ideaMaker - Version Id - Printer Type.

Jeff

1. Please try to export as .obj file then import the .obj file into ideaMaker and check whether it helps.
2. We will try more test about this.
3. Notes taken. Will add into request list.

ssommer79

Postby ssommer79 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi

If i used the Temperature Control List. I configured like on this screenshot:

Zwischenablage02.jpg

It heats up before printing to 240 and only when he starts printing (during printing) the first layer heats up higher till 250. When i choose a first layer temperature from 250 degrees, i expect that it only start when it reaches the temperature of the first layer.

--------------------

If the default Fan speed is on 0% but defined that on Layer 1 it should blow for 100%, than it should hold this value till the end. If i want that the fan goes off, than i will define at Layer 2 the value 0%

In the current version, my fan went off after the first layer.

Zwischenablage01.jpg

Kertz

Postby Kertz » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Kertz wrote:Hello Vicky.

Problem 1. (bug ?).

Jeff

1. Please try to export as .obj file then import the .obj file into ideaMaker and check whether it helps.
2. We will try more test about this.
3. Notes taken. Will add into request list.

Update:- Re-tested Problem 1 with .obj export and re-import. Works OK.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:20 am

ssommer79 wrote:Hi

If i used the Temperature Control List. I configured like on this screenshot:

20mm_Calibration_Box.rar
(50.24 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

It heats up before printing to 240 and only when he starts printing (during printing) the first layer heats up higher till 250. When i choose a first layer temperature from 250 degrees, i expect that it only start when it reaches the temperature of the first layer.

--------------------

If the default Fan speed is on 0% but defined that on Layer 1 it should blow for 100%, than it should hold this value till the end. If i want that the fan goes off, than i will define at Layer 2 the value 0%

In the current version, my fan went off after the first layer.

The attachment Zwischenablage01.jpg is no longer available

For the temperature control list, I'm so sorry that confuses you, but if we leave waiting or pause code there, the nozzle will ooze a lot. We will more recommend you to set the temperature change point in advance, maybe 2 or 3 layers to make the nozzle completely reach the value before getting to the target point.
For the fan speed, we have tried the same fan settings, and didn't see any fan stop code after layer 1.
May I ask your gcode to have a look? Attached our gcode for you to test also.
20mm_Calibration_Box.rar
(50.24 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

ssommer79

Dense Support at manual Support

Postby ssommer79 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:36 am

--------------
EDIT: This bug was already fixed within newest version
--------------

Maybe i do not understood, but if i choose that dense support should be placed, this should be done also when i add the support manually, or?

My support settings:
support_auto1.jpg

When i choose to automatically place support, i get this preview. Corretly placed the dense support

support_auto2.jpg

If i add the support manually over the support options...

support_manual1.jpg

i get no dense support

support_manual2.jpg

Any ideas?
Last edited by ssommer79 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ssommer79

Postby ssommer79 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:38 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
ssommer79 wrote:Hi
For the temperature control list, I'm so sorry that confuses you, but if we leave waiting or pause code there, the nozzle will ooze a lot. We will more recommend you to set the temperature change point in advance, maybe 2 or 3 layers to make the nozzle completely reach the value before getting to the target point.
For the fan speed, we have tried the same fan settings, and didn't see any fan stop code after layer 1.
May I ask your gcode to have a look? Attached our gcode for you to test also.
20mm_Calibration_Box.rar

Thank you Vicky!

That's strange. I noticed it only with the fan, because my extruder jammed . When i checked it, the fan was off. After noticed, i stopped the whole print.

I will try that again

Return to “Software”