- 1) You can't export/import a printer profile. It's stored inside config.xml and that's it. Would be nice to be able to import/export.
- 2) You can only export/import slicing profiles as binary files. No manual editing possible. Why aren't they stores as XML?
Also the whole duplication behaves strange. I.e. you can't seem to duplicate your own ABS profile as PLA profile (only via export/import).
- 3) The Start/End G-Code is part of the Slicing profile while it should be part of the printer profile.
- 4) You can't set a Z offset (only X/Y). Only 1st layer height and that is always the 1st model layer. So no influence at all on the 1st raft layer.
-> I guess it would make sense to have a global Z offset.
Besides, you can't edit the X/Y offset in the printer profile after creation (well only directly in the config.xml) while all other parameters remain editable.
- 5) You can't suppress the M1001/M1002 start/end markers. So you have to filter them out in the created G-Code for all other printers. Same is true for the M221 command, but at least that is a documented one.
- 6) When changing Z coordinates in the G-Code, the slicer always changes X/Y before Z (with separate commands).
This seems to be the wrong way round. Wouldn't it be safer to move the extruder up first and then move it to a new X/Y position?