Support Infill Ratio

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Sebastian

Support Infill Ratio

Postby Sebastian » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:48 am

In the advanced settings I have the option to set the Support Infill Ratio. I often have the problem that I'd prefer to have a lower infill ratio in order to save time and material when printing. But then the bottom surfaces that are printed on the support are not as smooth as I would like them to be. So I'm wondering if it might be possible to change the support infill ratio at the top part of the support.

So instead of printing this:
Support 1.png

I'd like to print something like this as support:
Support 2.png

Does that make sense?

Andy Cohen

Re: Support Infill Ratio

Postby Andy Cohen » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:55 am

Simplify3D will do that using Multiple Processes. You can also skip every other layer of support. Simplify3D is worth every penny.

Derek@Raise3D
Site Admin

Re: Support Infill Ratio

Postby Derek@Raise3D » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:06 am

Sebastian wrote:In the advanced settings I have the option to set the Support Infill Ratio. I often have the problem that I'd prefer to have a lower infill ratio in order to save time and material when printing. But then the bottom surfaces that are printed on the support are not as smooth as I would like them to be. So I'm wondering if it might be possible to change the support infill ratio at the top part of the support.

@Sebastian, you are talking about the interference layer, that's under construction. Please note that!
=================
Derek@Raise3D.com
I'm a lazy engineer. So I want everything automated.

Return to “Software”