E3D Revo change nozzle whie printing

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Hans

E3D Revo change nozzle whie printing

Postby Hans » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:59 pm

Hi forum,

I changed to Ideamaker a few weeks ago and have a maibe special question:

I have print which start with a logo on it, as a small is required I start f.e. with nozzle size 0,15mm.
After 5-6 Layers I would like to switch to another nozzle ( let's say 0,4mm) for faster printing and better layer adhesion.

Well, i tried to find a solution over Group & Layer Settings but there is no posibility to refer to another template.
You really want me to input all the information which I need for each nozzle again?
Why not, as an example, like this:

Layer 1-5 template with nozzle X
Layer 5-xxxx template with nozzle Y

Yes I know, the templates are not intended to be used like that, if there is another way to manage different nozzle diameters let me know.
The way to create a new printer for each nozzle is not really comfortable.
With different printers, if I want to change the nozzle AND the filament then I run into a real trouble.

Your is exceptionally good, I love to have the posibility to modify certain settings, but not as overloaded as in other slicers, but in this case it would be very userfriendly if it could be done as in S3D.
Or what about using tool numbers?

Thank you :-)

Manuel@Raise3D

Re: E3D Revo change nozzle whie printing

Postby Manuel@Raise3D » Tue May 09, 2023 11:11 pm

This is not recommended and would be considered extremely experimental. Due to this, we are not able to assist. (you are correct in that ideaMaker doesn't have this under group and layer settings or this type of function in general)

Return to “Software”