Any plans to implement Arachne Engine?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Patronus

Any plans to implement Arachne Engine?

Postby Patronus » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:03 pm

With Cura and now also Prusaslicer adopting the Arachne Engine, which in my opinion is a huge step forward in slicing, can we expect to see it in Ideamaker also?

Patronus

Re: Any plans to implement Arachne Engine?

Postby Patronus » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:40 am

Vicky?

lumenmesh

Postby lumenmesh » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:22 pm

I would be interested to see the response here, from what i've seen of the Arachne engine i would say it's a huge step as well.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:45 pm

Would you like to advise what feature or application you are looking to implement Arachne Engine?
We may perfer to developing on our end based on the request of the feature instead of using theirs directly.

Patronus

Postby Patronus » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:12 pm

I guess the power of Arachne lies in the ability to slice variable line width, which is what I would like to see in IdeaMaker. It leads to stronger, neater, faster prints and more consistent/cleaner thin wall printing.
I've seen people getting equally neat and much faster/stronger results with Arachne using a 0.6mm nozzle than with "standard" slicing using 0.4mm nozzle. Overhangs are apparently also better because of that.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:26 am

Thanks for further explanation.
We have added variable line width into developing list.

MetalMonkey

Postby MetalMonkey » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:50 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We may perfer to developing on our end based on the request of the feature instead of using theirs directly.

Arachne Engine is open source. Why don't you implement it (or it's functions) directly as it Cura and PrusaSlicer did as well? This new feature is a real game changer - it would be a reason to change the platform, if it's not implemented soon (or something else that is at least equally good).

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:09 am

We will do more research on variable line width.
But we don't have any plan to turn ideaMaker toi be Open Source so we won't use Open Source Arachne.

D_E

Postby D_E » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:11 pm

Patronus wrote:With Cura and now also Prusaslicer adopting the Arachne Engine, which in my opinion is a huge step forward in slicing, can we expect to see it in Ideamaker also?

I'm pretty much done with PrusaSlicer 2.5.0-rc1 G-code profiles for the Pro3. Profiles for left extruder only, right extruder only, and dual extrusion.

DERANDI

Postby DERANDI » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:45 am

D_E wrote:

I'm pretty much done with PrusaSlicer 2.5.0-rc1 G-code profiles for the Pro3. Profiles for left extruder only, right extruder only, and dual extrusion.[/quote]
I´m pretty much done with Ideamaker :roll: .... Obviously implementing help software like Arachne or a measuring tool is not what Raise3D is looking for.
I wonder what is what they looking for .....and pleeeease not a answer of this "vicky" spambot...I would like to speak with somebody fisical :twisted:

svandru

Postby svandru » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:21 pm

Arachne is the buzzword of the moment thanks to YouTube influencers, but ideaMaker did variable line widths via its Thin Wall and Fill Gaps in Shells features long before there was an Arachne. I have been getting the kind of results I've seen in YouTube Arachne examples for a couple years now. Ideamaker may not use the same algorithm, but results are comparable.

Good prints require skill and intelligence on the part of the user no matter what program you use. Arachne is not a magic pill that makes every print suddenly perfect. I've used Cura (even wrote plugins to overcome some of its failings) and PrusaSlicer. I try out each new version, but I still get the best prints from ideaMaker.

svandru

Postby svandru » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:41 pm

DERANDI, in his one and only post, wrote:....and pleeeease not a answer of this "vicky" spambot...I would like to speak with somebody fisical

I don't know what a fisical someone is, but Vicky is a real, physical human being. She is extremely helpful and courteous in answering questions and has helped many users here get valuable features implemented in ideaMaker (including 3 of my requests).

Return to “Software”