IdeaMaker Pro3 BED SIZE Software Issue?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
D_E

IdeaMaker Pro3 BED SIZE Software Issue?

Postby D_E » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:03 pm

Raise3D states specs of Pro3 is 255x300x300. However, their slicer seems to think otherwise. The IdeaMaker Pro3 profile dimensions are 300x300x300. This hasn't been an issue until recently. I was trying to print a multi-color print and IdeaMaker added a circular wipe tower. In the slicer the wipe tower is in the "print zone", but when I actually print, it puts the wipe tower outside of the capable print zone. The wipe tower becomes a blob and the nozzle ends of dragging through the cured material and makes an awful noise.

I reduced the size of the bed width from 300 to 255, but the wipe tower did not follow and was still getting cut off. I am having to manually move the wipe tower to where I think it might be in range even though on the slicer it looks perfectly fine and within range of the printer. It appears that the Pro3 profile does not match what the printer is actually capable of doing. Furthermore, it's not giving me any indication that the wipe tower is outside of the print range, it just prints it anyways (or at least tries to). How can I get the printer and IdeaMaker on the same page? Is there a fault setting/range that I need to adjust? Does anyone know of a better profile for the Pro3?

Side note: this is exactly why I have a Prusa at home.

lumenmesh

Re: IdeaMaker Pro3 BED SIZE Software Issue?

Postby lumenmesh » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:29 pm

Dual extruder prints are reduced to 255 and that should happen automatically in ideamaker(a portion of the bed is greyed out when you enable the right extruder). Single extruder print can use the entire 300mm build plate

D_E

Postby D_E » Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:18 pm

I would agree with you. However, the wipe tower being printed is displayed no where near the greyed out portion of the bed when the right extruder is selected in ideamaker, but once the print starts, the right nozzle is unable to complete the wipe tower due to the wipe tower being outside of its range. By a lot too. It's all good. I've 3 profiles for PrusaSlicer 2.5.0-RC1 so I no longer need ideafaker.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:44 pm

We will add a calibration test in next RaiseTouch release to guide users to figure out the X offset to be input into Printer Settings.

Return to “Software”