IdeaMaker setting large nozzle

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Eric1960

IdeaMaker setting large nozzle

Postby Eric1960 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:53 am

hi Vicky/Rian, are there any instructional video(s) or manuals on what should change in IdeaMaker as soon as you place a bigger nozzle. I'm new to IdeaMaker, and I think I've found it, but my method is quite cumbersome. It seems to me to know Raise a little bit, that things can be done better and faster than my approach.

I have ordered a Pro3 Plus, and I don't see any profiles for this printer in the library yet. Is it to be expected that these will be available as soon as the machines are delivered?

Thank you Eric

Eric1960

Re: IdeaMaker setting large nozzle

Postby Eric1960 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:05 pm

Reading back I see that my question is very unclear. what i mean do i need to create a new printer for the bigger nozzle. as soon as I do that there are no templates. I can create these myself, but it is quite a lot of work. see screen shot attached. Hope there is any instruction to put me on the right track
Attachments
074E69FB-A24B-478F-A979-FBEB8AC65537.jpeg

bitskrieg

Postby bitskrieg » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:43 pm

You're correct - you need to create a new printer with the correct nozzle size. When I bought my large nozzles, I just duplicated the default printer and changed the nozzle diameter in printer settings on the new copy of the printer.

You really don't need new profiles for the new nozzle size - just increase your print temp a bit, raise your retraction speed/distance, and lower your print speeds after setting your extrusion width and layer height. You should also double-check your flow-rate, since the larger cross-section will change shape dimensions slightly. Everything else can be tuned like normal.

I attached a profile I use for Sunlu PLA+ with a 1.2 mm nozzle and .9 mm layer height for prototyping. Flow rate for the filament is 90.2%. Works pretty well.
Attachments
Prototype Quality-export.bin
(47.85 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Eric1960

Postby Eric1960 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:31 pm

Tx very helpful !!!!!!!!!

Eric1960

Postby Eric1960 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:26 pm

I chose the Pro3 Plus, because people are very enthusiastic about the support from Raise. Unfortunately Vicky and Rain don't have time for me. My questions were, are there instructions on nozzle settings, and will the profiles in the library be updated before the release of the Pro3. I don't think I'm asking too much and keep hoping for answers.

Return to “Software”