maybe an idea of display improvement

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Chuck15

maybe an idea of display improvement

Postby Chuck15 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:31 am

I just installed Cura 4.11 (for monotonic top/bottom layer purpose for some parts I had to print), and I just saw that the retraction on outer wall is visible in white on the preview view, and I think this is a really good idea. (I know Ideamaker can already show all retractions but sometime there is a lot of retraction and it's not so easy to see where is the retraction on outerwall, and as you can see on the picture below, it's shown on all layers at the same time, so it's easy and fast to identify where it is on the printed part)
It would maybe be even better to add another color where the layer change occurs, it would help to tune the printer/filament.
I would love to have these features on Ideamaker ! :D

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: maybe an idea of display improvement

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:17 pm

Just want to double confirm, you are looking for optimization on how to show retractions and add the layer change points in Preview.
Layer change normally includes three steps, the last extrusion and travel of the current last, Z-axis movement and first extrusion of the next layer. Do you want all these three steps being marked out?

Chuck15

Postby Chuck15 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:06 pm

I'm not sure to understand all you said, but what I meant is to show in a different color all retractions which happen in an outer wall (let's call this color "color A"), and it would be best if it could be shown in the preview also on all layers at the same time (and on each layer when watching layer per layer).
This is what Cura is already doing.
And what I thought would be even better is if you could show on all layers at the same time (and on each layer when watching layer per layer) where the Z-seam occurs in another color, let's call it "color B".
I hope I've been enough precise this time ;)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:00 am

The white spots in Cura should be start points instead of retraction points. Retraction can happen at anywhere but not outer shells only. But start points will only be on outer shells.

Return to “Software”