[Bug] Dual extrusion with group settings

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Silvood

[Bug] Dual extrusion with group settings

Postby Silvood » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:00 am

Hello,

I'm encountering a bug with dual extrusion.
I have my 2 materials and profil specific for this print. I want one part in pla, and the other in TPU, with 1 shell and a specific infill for the TPU.
I have set a group setting for the TPU part, to overwrite shell and infill for the second part only.

But, when using wipe tower and wipe wall in nested or multiple, those 2 features are made with only 1 extruder. It works well if I remove the group settings or if I swap to interlaced.

Is there a workaround to use nested or multiple? cause I don't want to use the interlaced in this case.

Thanks

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: [Bug] Dual extrusion with group settings

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:24 am

Would you like to share the .idea, .gcode and .date files of the print with us to review?

Silvood

Postby Silvood » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:26 am

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply
I have DM you with the files :)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:36 pm

The group settings are overlapping with the Tower. You can adjust the position of the Tower in another Group to make it not overlap onto the Tower in Main Template to avoid this.
Attachments
Image_20211019103543.png

Silvood

Postby Silvood » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:12 am

Thanks for the answer.

That is indeed a workaround for this bug on towers where nested is selected. What about multiple tower? I tried this same solution but doesn't seem to work :(

And also, do you have any suggestion for the shield? this one can't have such a workaround.

Please report this bug (bad path generation for nested and multiple for both tower and shield, with group settings) so it can be corrected in the upcoming updates :)

Thanks and have a good day

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:01 pm

Different Groups may have different settings such like different layer height values, so each Group will have its own Tower.
The Tower in this template is Fixed Position which makes the other Tower in the other Group overlap onto this Tower so ideaMaker can only keep one Tower.
If you want both Towers to be printed out, you will need to set different values for the Fixed Position for two Towers in different Groups. Or disable Fixed Position and use relative position to its own model and make sure the two Towers are not overlapping with each other.
Image_20211021105515.png

Return to “Software”