Sequential printing with 2 extruders (Pro2 series)

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
erkan

Sequential printing with 2 extruders (Pro2 series)

Postby erkan » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:54 pm

I know it is not enabled to use the second extruder for sequential printing with Pro2 series.

Let's say that I would like to print two tiny disks placed on different corners of the build plate and I would like to print these with different colors or materials. Why it is not possible to print that with two extruders one by one? In my opinion, it is obvious that the nozzle will not hit the first printed part.

If the software can not compute if the nozzle will hit the printed part, would you at least leave the decision to the users to use the two extruders for sequential printing?

Thanks

Labirynt

Re: Sequential printing with 2 extruders (Pro2 series)

Postby Labirynt » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:12 pm

erkan wrote:I know it is not enabled to use the second extruder for sequential printing with Pro2 series.

Let's say that I would like to print two tiny disks placed on different corners of the build plate and I would like to print these with different colors or materials. Why it is not possible to print that with two extruders one by one? In my opinion, it is obvious that the nozzle will not hit the first printed part.

If the software can not compute if the nozzle will hit the printed part, would you at least leave the decision to the users to use the two extruders for sequential printing?

Thanks

it's possible to use 2nd extruder (right) in sequential printing via Idea Maker in Pro2 ;)

https://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php ... 290#p57852

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:07 am

Sequential printing with multiple extruder is under developing, which includes oozing control for nozzle switch, movement control, temperature control.

erkan

Postby erkan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:53 pm

Oh it is great to know that it is possible and something is happening. Would you provide early access for users who would like to test it while you are working on it?

erkan

Postby erkan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:56 pm

I checked the link but probably missed the point. Could you help me with this little "cheat"? :)

Labirynt wrote:
erkan wrote:I know it is not enabled to use the second extruder for sequential printing with Pro2 series.

Thanks

it's possible to use 2nd extruder (right) in sequential printing via Idea Maker in Pro2 ;)

https://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php ... 290#p57852

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:09 am

You can use Postprocess to replace T0 to be T1.

Return to “Software”