adaptive layer high - bug in 4.0.1.4802

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Labirynt

Re: adaptive layer high - bug in 4.0.1.4802

Postby Labirynt » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:32 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Using the actual shape of the model to calculate will need a lot resources in computer to process and take a lot extra time. So using standard shape of bounding box instead is a compromis at the moment till we find a more balance way to use the actual shape and not crash the software at the same time.

I understand, but... auto arrange models will failed in most of cases (yes, IM has a big problem with placing models in build area), me as user try to do it manually, but I check drawn restricted area by IM to do it. And after that, I get slap form IM, that still something is still incorrect, because IM will check different restricted area, that user see. And we don't know even on each model we have problem. If someone prints only some boxes - it's not a problem, drawn restricted area is correct. But printing circles, or angles models, we have big problem.

From me perspective, should be only "soft check", so we get message, that something can hit printer head, user take responsibility on him, and IM continue process; instead of "hard check", and interrupt process as is now.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:51 am

Labirynt wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Using the actual shape of the model to calculate will need a lot resources in computer to process and take a lot extra time. So using standard shape of bounding box instead is a compromis at the moment till we find a more balance way to use the actual shape and not crash the software at the same time.

I understand, but... auto arrange models will failed in most of cases (yes, IM has a big problem with placing models in build area), me as user try to do it manually, but I check drawn restricted area by IM to do it. And after that, I get slap form IM, that still something is still incorrect, because IM will check different restricted area, that user see. And we don't know even on each model we have problem. If someone prints only some boxes - it's not a problem, drawn restricted area is correct. But printing circles, or angles models, we have big problem.

From me perspective, should be only "soft check", so we get message, that something can hit printer head, user take responsibility on him, and IM continue process; instead of "hard check", and interrupt process as is now.

We have added this request into developing list. We will try optimze the result till using the actual shape to calculate.

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:29 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:(...)

next bug: IdeaMaker "forgot" to resets "free cut" parameters in textboxes after undo operation, please check video:
https://youtu.be/FsV8SrgCzkA

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:14 am

Freecut is a global operation which is not included in Undo.

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:01 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Freecut is a global operation which is not included in Undo.

So you don't see problem...

ok, one more time: undo operation is avalaible... is avalaible in menu and under keybord shortcut. Undo works fine - model is merged.

After undo, if you click one more time to "free cut" - visible (and real cutting) plane is reset to 0 degree in X, Y, Z. But, in textboxes are old values of x, y, z degrees - this will be our new constantX, cosntantY and constantZ. The new values of plane x,y,z degrees are incorrect. This values should be reset automatically to 0. Just like are reset, when you click free cut and don't make "undo" operation before.

If someone operated on small angles - it will be a big problem - because is not easy to see it. If you operated on big angles (like was on film) - it's visible. But someone may expected, that is only not refreshed values. But not. Old value is our new constant. Until we click reset...

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:36 pm

Thanks for further explanations. We will fix the issue in future versions.

Return to “Software”