adaptive layer high - bug in 4.0.1.4802

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Labirynt

adaptive layer high - bug in 4.0.1.4802

Postby Labirynt » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:58 pm

Probably adaptive layer high is not working correctly on this build of IM...

the lowest layer high is on straight part of model...

valve.PNG
Attachments
valve.gcode
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
valve.data
(64.98 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
valve.idea
(186.51 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: adaptive layer high - bug in 4.0.1.4802

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:15 am

The first layer height won't be controlled by Adaptive Layer Height.

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:15 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:The first layer height won't be controlled by Adaptive Layer Height.

I know, the problem are "blue layers" one on top - 0.1mm layer on straight part of model? Really?

The green part on picture should be 0.1mm layer (not 0.18-0.2mm), the blue one should be 0.24mm layer. Yellow part is correct. Red one (first layer) also ;)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:30 am

If there's any feature in this layer needs lower layer height, then whole layer will be with lower layer height.
Would you like to share .idea, .gcode and .data files so that we can check the model?

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:31 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:If there's any feature in this layer needs lower layer height, then whole layer will be with lower layer height.

That's why I marked that as a bug, because model is straight on blue part, without any angles...

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Would you like to share .idea, .gcode and .data files so that we can check the model?

Data (.idea, .gcode and .data ) shared on first post was not enough?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:36 am

We have found the issue. If you'd like to try the beta version, please advise the operation system you are running ideaMaker.

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:47 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We have found the issue. If you'd like to try the beta version, please advise the operation system you are running ideaMaker.

win 10, 64 bit

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:35 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We have found the issue. If you'd like to try the beta version, please advise the operation system you are running ideaMaker.

Code: Select all

next bug:
when I try use modifier in sequence printing:

How to reproduce: add modifier (any size) to model in sequence printing :)

Sorry, it wass not bug, it was my mistake of size of model :)
Last edited by Labirynt on Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:43 am

Next bug in sequence printing:
IM is not checking distance between real models (as is draw reserved area on preview)
sequence_printing_bug.PNG

but is only checking distance between boxes (incorrect):
sequence_printing_boxes.PNG

because IM thinks, that model looks like: (this is only visualization of model and reserved area) :
sequence_printing_boxes (visible incorret area).PNG
Attachments
sequence printing bug.idea
(570.82 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

BlueVD

Postby BlueVD » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:42 pm

I can confirm there is a bug in adaptive layer heights.
After trying to change all settings to no avail, I thought it's a problem with my model. Tried to slice it in another program and it produced the result I expected.

Attached is the STL, idea file and the screenshots
Attachments
c2.PNG
c1.PNG
mag.idea
(515.85 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
mag_holder.stl
(416.68 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:31 pm

Beta version ideaMaker sent via PM. Let me know whether any of issues being fixed or any of the issues is still there.

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:48 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Beta version ideaMaker sent via PM. Let me know whether any of issues being fixed or any of the issues is still there.

• adaptive layer high - looks like is working fine again :)
  • in sequential printing - restricted area drawn by IM and required before slicing - is still incorrect
  • links to cloud.raise3d.com -> still not working (but that is probably issue of cloud)

BlueVD

Postby BlueVD » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:32 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Beta version ideaMaker sent via PM. Let me know whether any of issues being fixed or any of the issues is still there.

Hello Vicky, I've checked and I have no PM. Was the message intended to me?
Thanks.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:34 am

BlueVD wrote:

Hello Vicky, I've checked and I have no PM. Was the message intended to me?
Thanks.

PM sent. Let me know how it works.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:00 am

Labirynt wrote:

• in sequential printing - restricted area drawn by IM and required before slicing - is still incorrect
  • links to cloud.raise3d.com -> still not working (but that is probably issue of cloud)

Thanks for the update.
We will check the sequential printing and ask Cloud team check the link issue.

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:31 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Labirynt wrote:

Thanks for the update.

the cloud links works fine again :)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:08 pm

Labirynt wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Labirynt wrote:

Thanks for the update.

the cloud links works fine again :)

Thanks for the update. We found the issue and had it fixed last night.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:13 pm

Labirynt wrote:

IM is not checking distance between real models (as is draw reserved area on preview)

because IM thinks, that model looks like: (this is only visualization of model and reserved area) :
sequence_printing_boxes (visible incorrect area).PNG

We have reviewed your issue and it doesn't seem a bug to us. No matter printing with sequential printing or in other mode, ideaMaker uses bounding box instead of the actual model shape to calculate.
We are trying to improve the calcaultion skill of ideaMaker to use the actual model outline instead of the bounding box for future versions.

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:27 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Labirynt wrote:

We have reviewed your issue and it doesn't seem a bug to us. No matter printing with sequential printing or in other mode, ideaMaker uses bounding box instead of the actual model shape to calculate.
We are trying to improve the calcaultion skill of ideaMaker to use the actual model outline instead of the bounding box for future versions.

But in preview I should see this bounding box and see drawn restricted area due to bounding box, not actual model. Why? Because user will search for problem and will not see it... Now I know, that looking for drawn restricted area is useless for arranging models on table, and I can't put it as much, as I will try to put. Because real restricted area is different...

Is opportunity to get option which disable this check? (Or get only information pop up with option to accept risk of head collision with model)?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:39 am

Labirynt wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Labirynt wrote:Next bug in sequence printing:

But in preview I should see this bounding box and see drawn restricted area due to bounding box, not actual model. Why? Because user will search for problem and will not see it... Now I know, that looking for drawn restricted area is useless for arranging models on table, and I can't put it as much, as I will try to put. Because real restricted area is different...

Is opportunity to get option which disable this check? (Or get only information pop up with option to accept risk of head collision with model)?

Using the actual shape of the model to calculate will need a lot resources in computer to process and take a lot extra time. So using standard shape of bounding box instead is a compromis at the moment till we find a more balance way to use the actual shape and not crash the software at the same time.

Return to “Software”