[New feature] Z-Hop when travel

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
PuddingBaer91

[New feature] Z-Hop when travel

Postby PuddingBaer91 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:30 pm

Hi Ideamaker Team,

thank you for this great slicer :)

I tried all of the current options for z-hop but i don't get what i want :D

I want that the print head makes a z-hop ONLY if the print head has to travel. I don't like that z-hop is bound to retractions. I see no use to have a z-hop when retracting. But if the print head will do a z-hop when it travels over the part (especially crossing perimeters) it will just avoid stringing. It will also avoid scraping over the part. May it is possible to give us two options:

1. Z-hop when crossing perimeter
2. Z-hop when travel (may with an option minimum travel to do a z-hop to avoid uneccesary z-hops when traveling to next solid infill line)

Hope you understand what i mean.

Thank you very much

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: [New feature] Z-Hop when travel

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:15 pm

Thanks for your suggestions!
We will add this request into developing list.

PuddingBaer91

Postby PuddingBaer91 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:35 am

thank you :)

I got an hopefully even better idea to get rid of stringing:

Let the print head move out of the part/perimeter WITHOUT z-hop. Then while moving to the next, lift the print head (lift it while over open space). With this the nozzle smears off the filament while traveling out of the part. And we avoid that the nozzle smears off the filament on the perimeter where we travel into the part.

Btw i also noticed another thing: If we print the walls before the infill the outer wall wipe is quite useless because it wipes the nozzle after the outer perimeter but then it moves to the infill and after infill is printed it moves WITHOUT wiping the nozzle over perimeters. So i think you should also add a "wipe after infill" option.

Thank you very much.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:40 am

Thanks for your suggestions!
Will send all the idea over to developing team to review how we can optimize the string in the best way.

Return to “Software”