Built in camera useless

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
areinhardt

Built in camera useless

Postby areinhardt » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:34 pm

In the ideaMaker I cannot access the camera image after the print has finished. It just says "Take the print off the bed" and it's impossible to do anything. When I need to have a part printed by Monday and I start it on Friday with a print time of 12 hours I need to be able to check it on Saturday without having to drive 30 km to the printer to see it in person if it's not neccessary to restart the print because of a failure.
This is one of the essential use cases of a camera, which is not fulfilled by the ideaMaker software.

Having a camera built in to the printer is a great idea and it was a key requirement when choosing the printer, but the implementation and usage possibilities is utter crap, to word it mildly. Even worse is that even when the printer is still running and I'm actually able to access the camera I'm only able to do so through ideaMaker in a tiny window which can't be resized or fullscreened. It is a shame that i now have to set up a separate camera connected to a Raspberry which should be unneccessary given that the printer has a camera built in.

It might as well have no camera, the way it is used by ideaMaker it wouldn't make a difference.
Raise3D Pro2
Creality Ender 3 Pro
Prusa i3 Mk3
Anet A8

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Built in camera useless

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:19 am

The original purpose for the page is to remind users to always be physically in front of the printer to make sure there is nothing on plate which is clear to start the next print. We are trying to optimize the interface to make the users can check more information.

Weisskeinen

Postby Weisskeinen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:11 pm

But it would be much (muuuuuch) better, if the page wouldn't cover the camera image.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:15 pm

Thanks for your suggestions.
We will optimize it in future versions.

Return to “Software”