Filament Settings

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
misslivia

Filament Settings

Postby misslivia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:57 pm

I would love some help understanding the function of the .bin files and why there doesn't seem to be any data in the filament settings when I import one. I run a Pro2 printer and am trying to use Atomic PLA and Polymaker PolySupport. Even though I've imported the .bin file for both, when I select Atomic PLA in the left extruder and PolySupport in the right extruder, the settings for the Atomic PLA fill both the right extruder and left extruder settings, which I can see when I edit a template. How can I either create or find .filament settings for filaments? I had success with the Raise3D PVA, as I could find a .filament file to download in the library and then I could override the settings in the slicer template when I was using the PVA in the right extruder by checking the box to override in the PVA filament settings. But the PolySupport filament settings are blank and I can't figure out how to populate them. Otherwise, there seems to be little point to importing slicing settings, if it doesn't matter what is in the right extruder because I have to manually change settings. I've included pictures of what I mean, but am happy to try to clairify more. I'm using atomic in this example, but it is the same for the Raise3D PLA filament.

Photos:
Blank polysupport filament settings
Populated PVA filament settings
Settings for using template A with Atomic in both extruders
Settings for using template A with Atomic in left and Polysupport in right (notice temp settings same as all atomic in both, not pictured but retraction is also the same for both)
Settings for using template with polysupport in left and atomic in right (temp settings are for polysupport in both extruders)
Attachments
Annotation 2020-08-11 094637d.png
Annotation 2020-08-11 094637c.png
Annotation 2020-08-11 094637b.png
Annotation 2020-08-11 094637.png
Annotation 2020-08-11 094637e.png

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Filament Settings

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 am

We released PolySupport template before Filament Overrider feature, so it only has main template.

misslivia

Postby misslivia » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:46 pm

Is there no way for me to make my own .filament file? Or is there any movement towards making the existing templates to have the filament override feature?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:43 pm

You can create your own .filament file by using Add/Duplicate feature in Filament Settings.
Then use Duplicate button to copy a slicing template from default filament and printer options to be under your created ones.

Return to “Software”