Using a Spacemouse in ideaMaker 3.6

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
meltonpieman

Using a Spacemouse in ideaMaker 3.6

Postby meltonpieman » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:02 pm

I am new to ideaMaker and I was pleased to see that the preferences menu offers the option to use a 3Dconnections spacemouse (even if it is marked as experimental). As the owner/user of a wireless spacemouse I happily chose this option.

However, I found that it did not seem to work!

Has anyone else tried using this, and did they find a secret to getting it working? :?:

David

Blue21

Re: Using a Spacemouse in ideaMaker 3.6

Postby Blue21 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:51 pm

Hi,
With wired spacemouse, I had no problem to work. This was on a Windows 7 machine with driver version 10.5.3 (not the latest).
Ideamaker is latest 3.6.1.4415.

In the 3dconnexion properties, it detects ideaMaker 3.6.1 (when it has the focus) which is usually the sign it will work correctly.
Capture03.PNG
E2 + Prusa Mini (soon) <- UM 2+ <- Replicator2

Blue21

Postby Blue21 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:17 pm

Checked on a Windows 10 machine with a wired spacepilot pro, having driver 3dxware 10.6.9.3230.
Maybe you run a spacemouse and me a spacenavigator (on Win7) and a spacepilot pro (on Win10). With these devices it work nice but they are the obsolete version of the current spacemouse you probably have. I would assume as the driver is same, that should not make a big difference.

If I disable the use of spacemouse in ideamaker, I have only zoom function and when enabled, I get full function.

meltonpieman

Postby meltonpieman » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:03 pm

I use the latest update of Windows 10 and ideaMa er.
I have checked on the wired version and if I use the USB cable to connect to my laptop ideaMaker recognises the spacemouse (after I have been in to and exited the preferences menu option).

When I disconnect the cable it recognises it wirelessly. If I restart ideaMaker it does not recognise the wireless spacemouse. Something wrong somewhere (ideaMaker, 3Dconnextions, or me?).

How can I report this behaviour to Raise3D?

Blue21

Postby Blue21 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:02 am

meltonpieman wrote:I use the latest update of Windows 10 and ideaMa er.
I have checked on the wired version and if I use the USB cable to connect to my laptop ideaMaker recognises the spacemouse (after I have been in to and exited the preferences menu option).

When I disconnect the cable it recognises it wirelessly. If I restart ideaMaker it does not recognise the wireless spacemouse. Something wrong somewhere (ideaMaker, 3Dconnextions, or me?).

How can I report this behaviour to Raise3D?

If you are in US they have on raise3d.com a support ticket system, otherwise you have to complain to your reseller that will complain to raise3d, not the best and fastest way.

meltonpieman

Postby meltonpieman » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:09 am

Thanks for all your help Blue21

I am in the UK but I sent an email to the general queries address of Rasie3D. They raised an account and a ticket for me. I am not sure if they can fix the problem for me, but I am glad to have flagged it up to get a future result for all user like me.

David

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:15 pm

Drive SDK of 3DConnextions only provides data not port for ideaMaker to run wireless or USB connection.
It can't tell how 3D Mouse gets connected either, it is only processing position and angular orientation data.

Blue21

Postby Blue21 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:04 pm

meltonpieman wrote:Thanks for all your help Blue21

I am in the UK but I sent an email to the general queries address of Rasie3D. They raised an account and a ticket for me. I am not sure if they can fix the problem for me, but I am glad to have flagged it up to get a future result for all user like me.

David

You have been lucky, my request for ticket was rejected and it is a week we wait with my reseller for an answer.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:28 pm

If your reseller is not providing good service to meet your requirements, please shoot us an email to inquiry@raise3d.com.

meltonpieman

Postby meltonpieman » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:16 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Drive SDK of 3DConnextions only provides data not port for ideaMaker to run wireless or USB connection.
It can't tell how 3D Mouse gets connected either, it is only processing position and angular orientation data.

I understand that concept, but I still cannot get ideaMaker and the wifi spacemouse to 'talk' to each other without connecting a USB to it first. That seems strange.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:41 am

Would you like to advise the model number of the 3D Mouse you are using?
The wireless communication you mentioned that 3D Connexion Peoperties can't be recognized in ideaMaker? Does other 3D Software can connect 3D Mouse properly at the same time?

Return to “Software”