Dense support infill and flow rate

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
leonhart8888

Dense support infill and flow rate

Postby leonhart8888 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:04 am

Is there any way to set a dense support infill percent other than 100% by default?

I would also like to set the dense support flow rate differently from the normal support flow rate.

I print with BVOH and ABS and one of the keys to success is to use ABS supports with dense BVOH interface support layers (since BVOH is so expensive). Furthermore, in order to get this layer to stick well, and facilitate the next ABS layer to stick, the dense support layer needs to be over extruded a lot (eg flow rate of 150%).

Currently I have to over extrude all supports but would prefer more cintrol. Lastly, I'd like to be able to adjust the infill percent of the dense support layers appropriately since over extruding will improve adhesion but at 100% infill will also prevent the dense support from being nice and flat.

The last request is actually the most important. I can live with the same flow rate for both, but would really like to adjust infill for the dense supports to achieve good adhesion with a smooth layer (eg. 150% flow at 70% infill or something).

leonhart8888

Re: Dense support infill and flow rate

Postby leonhart8888 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:22 pm

I realized that there was already an infill percentage for dense supports parameter that I clearly missed! Doh.

Return to “Software”