Wipe tower and right extruder for support is gone in sequential printing

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
FOGD.NO

Wipe tower and right extruder for support is gone in sequential printing

Postby FOGD.NO » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:31 am

I have two parts where I print with different material for support dense layer, and when I enabled sequential printing for these two parts both wipe tower wanished and the right extruder dense layer. Everything is now printed with left extruder only.

What I wanted was wipe tower for each part and the right etruder for the dense part like when printing normal. the only different would be tbat the wipe tower is needed for both prints, but that don`t matter for me. What matter is that I get perfect print for each model.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Wipe tower and right extruder for support is gone in sequential printing

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:09 am

Sequential printing only support single extruder printing at the moment.

FOGD.NO

Postby FOGD.NO » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:42 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Sequential printing only support single extruder printing at the moment.

Any reason why? The whole idea about IDX and dual head is to use it in most cases. I print with lot of supports and I need to print with minimal pauses so the layer adhesion is good. Only solution then is to print one and one part, but that is a bit wasteful.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:49 am

It will take too much space when using Dual-extruder for extruders themselves to move around aoviding hitting the structures already printed out, as well as the structures like Wipe Tower, Wipe Wall, Park Position for Dual Print will take extra room too.
And when assign position for each model, slicing with single extruder will be more clear to show users to understand the moving path too.

Return to “Software”