confirming print removal remotely?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Hellraizer

confirming print removal remotely?

Postby Hellraizer » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:20 am

Hi,

i have my collegues now trained on how to remove prints from the machine, so I dont need to go over to the building next door just to take out one print. However sometimes they forget to press the "print done" button on the touchscreen.

starting another print via the remote connection or the cloud is also blocked until someone presses the button on the touch screen.

is there any way to confirm print removal other then the touchscreen?

i get the feature but you could just as easily force someone to remotely look at the webcam and them have him confirm a free buildplate from there.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: confirming print removal remotely?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:01 am

Unfortunatly, this step is a necessary step to start prints remotely. As the only way to remove prints in printer or replace build plate in printer can only be physically done in front of the printer instead of doing it remotely. We are afraid if we remove this limitation, when users forget prepare printing area before starting a print remotely, it will cause physical damage to the printer.

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:03 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Unfortunatly, this step is a necessary step to start prints remotely. As the only way to remove prints in printer or replace build plate in printer can only be physically done in front of the printer instead of doing it remotely. We are afraid if we remove this limitation, when users forget prepare printing area before starting a print remotely, it will cause physical damage to the printer.

But with this limitation, I can't even preheat remotly chamber :( This is not 5 minutes to preheat from 20C to 100C, but rather almost half of hour. We can start printer remotly, turn it off remotly (by some wifi/remotly controlled switch), and remove models, when the printer is off. But to start remotly next print, we need to start machine locally, just for click "its done" :(

I understand, You afraid, that someone can destroy his machine. But... You don't affraid, that IdeaMaker can produce wrong gcode, that will destroy machine?

Please, add some checkbox, to take responsibility to 3d printer operator, and remove this limitation for advanced users. We know, that platform must be empty before we start next print :)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:05 am

I'm sorry but you may need to remind who is currently operating the printer not forgetting press the Done button on screen when removing models. That's also the original designed processe for operation the printer in a safe way.
If your main concern is the time consuming of chamber heating, we can send the request over to developing team to see whether we can add a feature like adding XX minutes bed preheat before print starts or not cooling down the bed after print completes into touchscreen instead of the ability of disabling the confirmation of a ready printer as a safety limitation.

Hellraizer

Postby Hellraizer » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:42 am

Well thats a shame. I get the safety feature, but @labirynt is right as well. Im happy to sign a waiver.

and besides a forced check over the webcam that the build plate is free you could use the stall detection in the drivers to recognize if the print head bumps into something.

FOGD.NO

Postby FOGD.NO » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:24 am

I want this as an option with a warning if I choose to set this option. I also miss the move axis option in the cloud like Octoprint and Repetier.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:29 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. The request of the advanced setting has been forwarded to developing team.

Return to “Software”