Auto Exit Prevew Mode On File Open/Save

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
chrisgr99

Auto Exit Prevew Mode On File Open/Save

Postby chrisgr99 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:16 pm

Would it be possible to automatically exit preview mode when the user tries to open or save a file (and maybe some other operations)?

Often I finish a print and go to save the .idea file or load a new one only to find myself still in preview mode and have to go back and close preview before I can continue. Why should these operations be blocked in preview mode?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Auto Exit Prevew Mode On File Open/Save

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:47 am

The main purpose we are asking ideaMaker to do so is for linearizing the whole slicing and saving/uploading process.
We will consider your suggestions for future version.

chrisgr99

Postby chrisgr99 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:09 pm

Another case where auto exit from preview mode would be convenient is when the user does a File/New command. In this case the user has made the decision to end work on this model and start a new one, so they clearly intend that the preview state should be ended too. Of course if the model had not been saved then the user would be prompted to save it, but if File/Save was not needed it would convenient to just go ahead and perform the command.

I always print models from preview mode. After printing I almost always want to perform an Open or a New command to work on something else. More often than not I unconsciously try to perform an Open or a New, only to find they don't work because I'm in preview mode. This is a minor annoyance that could be avoided if preview model automatically closed in these cases.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:53 pm

Thanks for further explanation. We will add your request into developing list.

Return to “Software”