Dark Model Too Hard to See on Dark Background

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
chrisgr99

Dark Model Too Hard to See on Dark Background

Postby chrisgr99 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:11 pm

Why is the color of 3D objects in Ideamaker such a dark color, making it so hard to see them on the dark backround?

I'm slightly visually impaired and I find it very hard to see the orientation of models or to select a face to "Lay Flat".

Could models be shown in a lighter color? Or could it be an option in preferences choose the color of the model, or alternatively to set the background to a lighter color?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Dark Model Too Hard to See on Dark Background

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:49 am

Model color is the same as Extruder Color. You can select different Extruder Color under View Mode.
Light theme for backgroud is under developing.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200706184911.png

chrisgr99

Postby chrisgr99 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:56 pm

But only un-selected models are shown in the filament color. When models are selected they are the dark hard to see color. It's more important that a model be visible when selected. i.e. When the user is making changes to it.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:53 pm

When you select the model it will be red, if not it will still be shown with filament color.
The default color should be white already.

chrisgr99

Postby chrisgr99 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:47 pm

Selected models are DARK red making them hard to see against the dark background and hard to see detail in them. Selected models should be a lighter color so it's easier to see them and see detail in them. Or let the user choose in settings what color selected models will be,

I'm not the only one who has this problem. My partner in Europe (I'm in Canada) who also has a Pro 2 also complains that models are hard to see.

Leo

Postby Leo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:40 pm

@chrisgr99: Just so we are talking about the same... here is a screen shot of my setup. Does it look the same with you?
IM_Object.jpg

Personally I don't have the problem and like the default color.

However for people with visual disabilities the option of having the ability to change the color of an active object would make a lot of sense and should not be too difficult to implement.

I'm sure this example would be much easier for you to distinguish from the background.
IM_Object_Light.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:52 am

We have added light theme into developing list.

Return to “Software”