Edit the Slicer Profiles? Eject SD Button?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Olly Oxenfree

Edit the Slicer Profiles? Eject SD Button?

Postby Olly Oxenfree » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:29 pm

Hi,

I may not be seeing a menu item, but I can't find any way to edit the Profiles without a part loaded. I was just watching a part print and thought, "I must change that for next time." I went into IM but could not seem to find the Profile-Edit option without first loading a model. Not a big deal, just a nice convenience.

After Exporting to an external drive, could we have an "Eject" button. I have to go to another Linux-Workspace, load the File Manager to eject the SD. A button on that "Preview," "Upload," "Export" popup window would be handy. Not a big deal, just a nice convenience.
Surface-Pro-2, 8-GB, 256-GB-SSD, Linux-Mint-19.3+Cinnamon

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Edit the Slicer Profiles? Eject SD Button?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:14 am

You can either find Manage Template under Slice in Menu Bar on top. https://support.raise3d.com/ideaMaker/4 ... 5-804.html
Or click the Start Slice button on left. https://support.raise3d.com/ideaMaker/4 ... 5-839.html
Eject USB/SD Card has been added into developing list.

Olly Oxenfree

Postby Olly Oxenfree » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:23 pm

First off, let me say, this version is awesome. I have tried IM a few times over the past few years and always had to struggle a little with it. I just sliced and printed a 3" Firehose adapter with a standard 8-tpi thread on it and it came out like it had been injection molded. Please thank your devs for this great Beta.

I decided to try IM again a few days back as neither Cura nor PrusaSlicer (PS) were able to make good prints of the threads. It was a really pleasant surprise to have the threads come out so good with IM, I wish I had been following IM a little more closely as I have wasted many days with Cura and PS trying to get the threads right and never did come close t the IM print.

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:You can either find Manage Template under Slice in Menu Bar on top

Thanks, I had checked that but it is grayed out until there is a model loaded.

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Or click the Start Slice button on left.

Thanks for that too, but it only gives small subset of the Advanced options.

Good to hear about the "Eject." When the devs get to it, may I suggest the window goes away after clicking "Eject." Both Prusa and Cura stay visible and have to be clicked again to get rid of the box. That makes no sense. Although it seems Cura goes away on its own after a few minutes.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:57 am

Not sure whether it is due to version difference or something else. In my impression, Manage Templates is always active without model loaded.
Image_20200630174126.png

You can find Advanced Settings with clicking the Gear buttom behind. You can also add more settings with the "+" button.
Image_20200630174501.png

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:07 am

When Ejecting SD/USB, the system normally needs some time to process Safe Remove. That's probably the reason why you can't find the buttom some time.

Olly Oxenfree

Postby Olly Oxenfree » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:16 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:You can find Advanced Settings with clicking the Gear buttom behind. You can also add more settings with the "+" button.

OK, thank you.

I had clicked the "More" button and it did not give me "Advanced," but did not think to try the Gear. But even so, why have the "Start Slicing (P)..." option grayed out in the "Slice" menu at the top of the main screen?

I just learned that if I Delete the model and then drop down the "Slice" menu, the "Start Slice (P)..." is not grayed and is Active.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:51 am

Slice can only be processed when there is a model waiting for slicing. But settings in templates can be adjusted with/without model loaded. So you can use Manage Template to modify template without model but Slice button is not active without model loaded.
More -> Manage Template, Gear button and Slice -> Manage Template in Tool Bar on top all have access to template modify.

Return to “Software”