Ideamaker Features

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
bametalman

Ideamaker Features

Postby bametalman » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:17 pm

Ideamaker is a great slicer, but it would be nice if it had more features that work with open source printers.

It would be nice if Ideamaker had the option to set more than 2 extruders to be able to setup virtual extruders.

It would also be nice if Ideamaker would recognize a connection with all printers, not just Raise3D printers.

Another nice feature would be when stop printing a wipe wall or tower when the second extruder is not needed, have a second check box for whether to cool down the second extruder or not. This is needed for 2 in 1 out hotends. If the second extruder cools down, the first extruder will cool down since they share a heater cartridge and thermistor. This causes the print to fail.

Anyone else feel the same?

Would anyone from Raise3D be able to implement these features?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Ideamaker Features

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:37 am

1. The feature has already been added into developing list. We are currently working on it. You may see it in future versions.
2. RaiseOcto can help your needs. https://www.raise3d.com/news/raisecloud ... e3d-users/
3. You can enable Stop printing Wipe Wall and Wipe Tower if only one extrude is used in remaining task and the other extruder(s) will cooling down. https://support.raise3d.com/ideaMaker/5 ... 5-444.html

bametalman

Postby bametalman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for the response.

That is awesome to hear that you guys are working on adding more extruders. My suggestions would be to add up to at least 16 extruders to compete with other slicing software who can already handle up to 16. More would be nice though.

RaiseOtco looks like it might be nice, but doesn't help me as I don't use the Raise Cloud nor Raspberry Pi or Octoprint. My hope was for Ideamaker itself to be able to detect non-Raise3D printers when the printer is just hooked up to a computer via usb cable.

As for the wipe wall/tower, yes I am aware that Ideamaker has this feature, and I think it is a good one. The issue is that having the stop wipe wall/tower and cool down extruder commands in 1 check box doesn't work for a 2 in 1 out hotend. Would it be possible to separate those commands into 2 check boxes?
Check box 1: Stop printing wipe wall/tower
Check box 2: cool down extruder
This way the user has control over whether to stop printing the wipe wall/tower only and keep the exrtuder temp the same, or stop printing the wipe wall/tower and turn off the extruder temp. Having them separate check boxes is the only way it will work for a 2 in 1 out hotend.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:19 am

1. Using USB Cable to control the printer, there will have a lot factors affecting print. Such as computer goes sleep, system updating.
2. It has been added into developing list.

Return to “Software”