Change Support Extruder at certain Layer Height ?

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Denteo

Change Support Extruder at certain Layer Height ?

Postby Denteo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:59 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to print a big part where I cannot use the right extruder for support at the bottom because it is outside of the build area.
Is there a way to print the first part with the Support Extruder set to left and then change it at a certain layer height to right?

Thanks,
Daniel

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Change Support Extruder at certain Layer Height ?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:30 pm

Do you mean that your model is larger than 280mm in one direction so that it is not able to be printed out with dual extruder?

Denteo

Postby Denteo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:03 am

Hi Vicky,
yes - exactly, I can still print it but all Support material that is outside of the print area piles up at the edge (this is also not a great way to solve this problem by the slicer)

The second reason I would like this feature too is that I'm printing PETG with PLA dense support layer - certain parts of the model would benefit from a PETG interface layer for better adhesion instead of PLA.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:15 pm

I understand your needs, but due to hardware limitation, the software won't allow user to do so to protect the hardware.
Have you tried dense support layers? We have got some feedback that dense support layer can help removing support.

Return to “Software”