Solid Infill when printing vase mode with several walls

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
nicolas.gold

Solid Infill when printing vase mode with several walls

Postby nicolas.gold » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:43 pm

Hi! I am trying to print some models using vase mode with 2 or 3 external walls and just 4 bottom layers using the Ideamaker.
My problem is that I cannot get read of this infill that ideamaker is creating inside the model and I am going crazy, because in the prusaslicer is so easy! Check the image attached.

Please HELP!

Not wanted infill.JPG

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Solid Infill when printing vase mode with several walls

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:54 am

Do you mean that you want to print with Vase Mode after the first 4 layers with no infill?

nicolas.gold

Postby nicolas.gold » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:47 am

Hi Vicky! Thanks for answering. I want to print with 3 shells/walls without infill. But the software seems to be detecting some weak walls, and adding this solid infill *the orange one. I have no idea how to desactivate that. I tried all the different check boxes, but the slicer is always adding again this infill on the interior part of the model... any idea?

nicolas.gold

Postby nicolas.gold » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:50 am

I want to print with 3 external shells and without any type of infill inside the model. But the slicer keeps adding this small infills on the interior part of the model and I have no idea how to disactivate it. It seem to be that the ideamaker is trying to make this walls stronger and thats why is adding this solid infill...

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:52 pm

You want to print the whole model with 3 shells but no infill but there are still somewhere on the model sliced with infill on it?
Would you mind to share your model with us to have a look?

Return to “Software”