Creating New Slicing Templates - Default Setting Indicator

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
mortonj

Creating New Slicing Templates - Default Setting Indicator

Postby mortonj » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:29 pm

My apologies if this topic has already been raised - I have done a number of searches, with no luck.

I am looking for a way to create new templates with specific settings, and I would like these new templates to behave the same way that the standard templates do when settings are changed within this template in the future.

The specific behavior that I am hoping to create is as follows. The default templates signal that a setting has been changed with the addition of an "undo" style arrow that appears beside the setting, also allowing the user to easily revert back to the default settings for the given template. Within my workflow, this is an incredibly useful feature (which also allows for data protection, as the base template is preserved), and it would be very helpful for user created templates to exhibit this behavior as well.

Is this a setting that I am missing? Or is there another method of creating new templates that preserves this behaviour (I have tried both creating new and duplicating)? Or is this a feature that can be added in a future release?

Thanks in advance.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Creating New Slicing Templates - Default Setting Indicator

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:37 pm

Unfornately, the customized template created by user in ideaMaker doesn't have redo feature.
I will forward your needs over to developing team to discuss.

mortonj

Postby mortonj » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Thanks for your response. I look forward to a resolution to this issue in the future.

In general, it doesn't really matter how this is achieved, It would just be very helpful to create standard templates that are tailored to specific requirements, and to have these templates be either locked against editing, or easily reverted back to the 'Master' template.

Thanks again!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:10 am

Thanks for your explanations! Notes taken.
We will see how to setup in software to make it recognize the differences between customer build default settings and customer build modified settings.

Return to “Software”