Filament Settings

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Stefano Garino

Filament Settings

Postby Stefano Garino » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:59 pm

Hi all. I know it can be a very simple question but today on, i never understand how filament settings works.
In "Filament settings" menu, in select template menu, i have diamenter, density, price and flowrate.
In Edit-Advance, under Layer menu i find another flowrate(for first layer only)
Then support flowrate, infill etc.
In "Advance menu", i can override left and right nozzle flowrate.

1) Is there a priority scale in this settings? The last one override ALL, or infill, first layer and supports are excluded?
2) In two nozzle stamp, can I adjust second nozzle flowrate only using override in "Advance menu"?
3) In Filament Settings, density and flowrate are just an info or change quality?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Filament Settings

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Let's start from Flowrate settings unde Filament settings. It is going to set the overall flowrate for everything once you selecte this filament for printing when slicing. It is not inside Advanced settings for slicing but filament template outside. Density is just an info for estimating print weight.
First layer flowrate and other flowrate settings in Advanced settings will combine with the filament flowrate to get the final result. If you set filament flowrate to be 80%, and first layer flowrate to be 90% and all the other sturctures' flowrate to be 100% in advanced settings, then the real flowrate of first layer will be 72% and all the other structures will be 80%.
Except the filament flowrate is using code M221 to set, all the other flowrate for special structures will directly work to the Exrtrusion value in gcode.
Once some settings have been enabled in overrider settings in one of the filaments you have selected, it will grey out the settings in mian template for the whole print.

Stefano Garino

Re: Filament Settings

Postby Stefano Garino » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:57 am

thx!

Return to “Software”