Remote connection - overriding other users

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Boscolio

Remote connection - overriding other users

Postby Boscolio » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi,

I use a N2+ with other people. Several people at my company start prints and monitor jobs by using the remote connection in ideaMaker.
It drives me nuts when I'm trying to start a print or heat up the printer and I cannot do it because someone else was inattentive and didn't close the remote connection. I have to walk all the way to the printer to start my job. I'm also not convinced that it's bug free. Sometimes, I simply cannot connect because it says I'll exceed the maximum number of connections - and I'm reasonable sure there's no possible way someone else is currently connected. Or, I'll restart the printer and it'll still give me that same error message.
Can I override someone else, disconnect them through SSH, reset the connection via SSH, or something? I do not like that it only allows 1 user to connect at a time; I spend so much time walking over to the printer because of this unreasonable limitation.

Thanks!

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Remote connection - overriding other users

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:35 am

Thanks for your suggestion.
We will see how to add different authority for different accounts for Touchscreen Remote Control so that you can control the account's login or set view-only to some of the accounts.

Return to “Software”