Disable the "Task finished" menu after printing in the latest RaiseTouch

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Yichen

Disable the "Task finished" menu after printing in the latest RaiseTouch

Postby Yichen » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:09 pm

It seems I didn't get reply from the ticket. Let me post the question here. I have installed the latest RaiseTouch with RaiseCloud in our N2 printer. The cloud management feature is really fine. However, with this OS, after each normal printing procedure, the display always shows a menu of "Task finished", and asks for a selection between "Print success" and "Print failure". No matter which one I select, it always comes with a 2nd layer menu and 3rd layer menu to keep asking for selection of repeat print or receive cloud task. These selections are also unclear and misleading. They may cause another unknown printing task automatically. These menus are useless to us and are really annoying. Does anyone know any settings to disable these keep-asking menus? Otherwise I need to roll back to the old version of RaiseTouch.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Disable the "Task finished" menu after printing in the latest RaiseTouch

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:04 pm

Thanks for your feedback.
We will try to see whether we can optimize it. You should can see more improvements in future versions.

pjyarnall

Postby pjyarnall » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:24 am

I completely agree. What is the purpose of "Print success" or "print failure"? Wasting our time. Ditto the "Done" menu. Seems totally pointless.

What bugs me about the latest raise touch version is that the touch screen is unresponsive after power up and booting for a very long time! (Minutes). Was never this slow before the latest firmware.

I stopped using my fingers on the screen due to what I consider very poor touch screen performance and now use a very soft latex drafting eraser. It allows very precise button control versus my fat fingers.

I also get very unreliable network connections to the printer. VERY annoying to try to upload another model file and nothing happens. I have to kill the upload, do the reconnect process, then reslice the file to re-attempt the upload. I don't have to reconnect my office paper printer... EVER! Why is maintaining a connection to the Pro2 such a hassle? If there is a setting I have overlooked I would be grateful to know what it is.

Sorry for the unrelated issues.
Pro 2

DeX

Postby DeX » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:39 pm

Раздражение от этих меню в конце печати сравнимо разве что с постоянным включением подогрева стола и сопла после неудачного старта... Аргх!

DeX

Postby DeX » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:40 am

OK.
The irritation from these menus at the end of the print is comparable, perhaps, with the constant activation of the table and nozzle heating after an unsuccessful start ... Argh!

DeX

Postby DeX » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:43 am

You start to print but nozzle is too close or not stick good or else... press stop. then quickly(because it is coooooooooooling) warm up nozzle and bed... wait ...and start again.. TIME TIME TIME.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:36 pm

DeX wrote:You start to print but nozzle is too close or not stick good or else... press stop. then quickly(because it is coooooooooooling) warm up nozzle and bed... wait ...and start again.. TIME TIME TIME.

https://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php ... top#p34471
The touch UI is just sending gcode commands to the motion control board. However, if motion control board and firmware is running a standard "wait until temp has been reached" command, it will not execute another command except for one special preemptive command that trumps them all, the kill command is sent. Because that caused issues, it may or may not be implemented in the Raise 3D supplied versions of motion control firmware. Even if it is, that command comes with penalties, and that is, after it executes, it's not instantly that you resume and follow the next command- you just reset the system.

If you want instant stop, it requires 2 things.
#1 in the settings menu of Raise Touch LCD menu, you have to enable fast-stop and that's disabled by default.
That means when you command a stop, you send an M112 kill command. This is a setting in the touch panel menu.

#2 However, that also depends on what motion control firmware does or does not do with that M112 command. Depending on if you have an N series or if you have a Pro2 series and what motion control firmware is loaded on the actual motion control board determines how that firmware handles the kill function. Here also comes the fundamental wakeup call to the Pro2 owners- you only have OEM closed source firmware. This is where the N series can run open source and thus rapidly customize the firmware (the above topic of the "EMERGENCY_PARSER flag"), you Pro2 owners are stuck begging Raise 3D to fix or grant your request or bugfix or feature request.

#3 All of this is subject to a fundamental limitation of the architecture, the front panel and remote interface is not actually running the hardware directly. There is a layer of communications and firmware that complicates this on a level I'm not sure some of you understood when you bought this printer.

sperman

Postby sperman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:22 am

I made a similar post a few weeks ago. Please make this useless feature go away.

https://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16033

Return to “Software”