Need setting to cool both extruders when filament runs out

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
KS_Husker

Need setting to cool both extruders when filament runs out

Postby KS_Husker » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:32 am

I just ran into an issue with my printer because the filament ran out early this morning and the machine put the extruder off to the side to wait for the filament to be replaced which was great, however it sat there and cooked what was remaining in the nozzle for 10+ hours while I was at work and then taking care of the kids when I got home. I came to find my printer waiting on me, swapped in a new roll and hit resume only to find out the nozzle was now clogged with burnt in filament. Now my print is wasted, time wasted, and I had to tear the extruders apart to get them all cleaned out (More time wasted). Seems that with all the updates this would have been caught already. I'm pretty disappointed in this.

There NEEDS to be a setting in Ideamaker that will cool the extruders when either of them runs out of filament and the machine parks and waits for you to put in a new roll!!

Please make this happen in the next update. And please make that update happen sooner than later.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Need setting to cool both extruders when filament runs out

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:18 pm

There is an option in touchscreen called Cool Down After A Print Paused under More Settings -> Advanced Settings.
https://support.raise3d.com/RaiseTouch/ ... 7-879.html

Return to “Software”