ideaMaker 3.4.1 Release Notes

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Vicky@Raise3D

ideaMaker 3.4.1 Release Notes

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu May 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Dear all,

We have released the new version of ideaMaker 3.4.1 today.

Release Notes:
New requested features and debugging based on user feedback.

Read More
https://www.raise3d.com/blogs/news/ideamaker-3-4-1
Download ideaMaker 3.4.1: https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download

DeX

Re: ideaMaker 3.4.1 Release Notes

Postby DeX » Sat May 25, 2019 5:45 am

Good news, everybody!
OK. Testing...
:idea:
Untitled.png

DeX

Postby DeX » Sat May 25, 2019 7:10 am

I have N2 Dual but with 1 extruder (physically and in the Touch settings)
But in IM AND Cloud app there is two extruders. :(
scr422256.JPG

nuverian

Postby nuverian » Mon May 27, 2019 12:39 pm

Just want to say thank you very much for the new version! Great stuff!

DeX

Postby DeX » Mon May 27, 2019 8:40 pm

Looks like everything is fine! Nothing to feedback :)
Hey guys, new version came out! :P

Noren

Postby Noren » Tue May 28, 2019 9:45 am

Nice. This version sadly also crashes for me as soon as I move an object.
/Andreas

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Dear all,

We have released the new version of ideaMaker 3.4.1 today.

Release Notes:
New requested features and debugging based on user feedback.

Read More
https://www.raise3d.com/blogs/news/ideamaker-3-4-1
Download ideaMaker 3.4.1: https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download

ToPNoTCH

Postby ToPNoTCH » Tue May 28, 2019 3:51 pm

I got 2 issues with this release.

First my Creative WEB Camera stopped working.
It now sends a Black picture with grains in it. You can barly se the LEDS in the printer, as violet dots.

Second i got some stringing on rapid moves.
I had not look in to it yet, but im using axactly the same slicer template.

miszun

Postby miszun » Tue May 28, 2019 10:43 pm

We produce numerous parts from Ninjatek Cheetah on our Pro2. I have dedicated settings for these parts. Calculated times and printing times are very different from the previous version Ideamaker. It's now much faster. For a given part, IM 3.3.0 calculates 69 minutes of printing, actual printing time ~60 minutes. IM 3.4.1 shows 27 minutes, actual printing time ~40 minutes. Unfortunately print quality from IM 3.4.1 is unacceptable. No setting touched, exactly the same template. Lots of blobs, flat surfaces looks just strange. Unfortunately I can't show these parts. I've reverted to 3.3.0 and everything is back to normal.
I also tried sequential printing which could be very helpful for us. I have numerous parts designed as multibodies for different print settings assigned to each body in the model. There is no way to tell IM that these bodies belongs to a single model, so I cannot use sequential printing. I've tried different way. I merged bodies of the part into single model, and imported some bodies as a modifiers for a part. Aligning those modifiers with the model was very tricky. Some settings are not possible to use with modifiers (like infill overlap). And again I couldn't use sequential printing because model's instances didn't get all the settings from their modifiers (visible on the preview).
Is it that difficult to make a feature which just copies printing g-codes to a set of coordinates? If there is a proper program for printing a model, no matter single or dual extruding, just place it on the printing bed! Check for collisions with other models and go.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 29, 2019 12:44 am

miszun wrote:We produce numerous parts from Ninjatek Cheetah on our Pro2. I have dedicated settings for these parts. Calculated times and printing times are very different from the previous version Ideamaker. It's now much faster. For a given part, IM 3.3.0 calculates 69 minutes of printing, actual printing time ~60 minutes. IM 3.4.1 shows 27 minutes, actual printing time ~40 minutes. Unfortunately print quality from IM 3.4.1 is unacceptable. No setting touched, exactly the same template. Lots of blobs, flat surfaces looks just strange. Unfortunately I can't show these parts. I've reverted to 3.3.0 and everything is back to normal.
I also tried sequential printing which could be very helpful for us. I have numerous parts designed as multibodies for different print settings assigned to each body in the model. There is no way to tell IM that these bodies belongs to a single model, so I cannot use sequential printing. I've tried different way. I merged bodies of the part into single model, and imported some bodies as a modifiers for a part. Aligning those modifiers with the model was very tricky. Some settings are not possible to use with modifiers (like infill overlap). And again I couldn't use sequential printing because model's instances didn't get all the settings from their modifiers (visible on the preview).
Is it that difficult to make a feature which just copies printing g-codes to a set of coordinates? If there is a proper program for printing a model, no matter single or dual extruding, just place it on the printing bed! Check for collisions with other models and go.

Would you like to share the idea file and gcode files sliced by version 3.3 and 3.4.1 with us?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 29, 2019 1:35 am

ToPNoTCH wrote:I got 2 issues with this release.

First my Creative WEB Camera stopped working.
It now sends a Black picture with grains in it. You can barly se the LEDS in the printer, as violet dots.

Second i got some stringing on rapid moves.
I had not look in to it yet, but im using axactly the same slicer template.

Do you mean your own camera has no issue with old version of ideaMaker? Would you like to roll back your ideaMaker and show me a screeshot of how your camera works with ideaMaker? I didn't know that ideaMaker can work with 3rd party camera.

For your second issue, would you like share your idea file and gcode file with us?

Noren

Postby Noren » Wed May 29, 2019 7:41 am

For your information I use a Logitech C922 camera without problem with 3.3.0. (Haven't tried later version though).
Now there are other users that alos uses other third party cameras.

Vicky@Raise3D wrote: I didn't know that ideaMaker can work with 3rd party camera.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 29, 2019 5:19 pm

Noren wrote:For your information I use a Logitech C922 camera without problem with 3.3.0. (Haven't tried later version though).
Now there are other users that alos uses other third party cameras.

Vicky@Raise3D wrote: I didn't know that ideaMaker can work with 3rd party camera.

Thanks for your information!
Does your own camera can be connected in ideaMaker remote control?

Kfleck

Postby Kfleck » Thu May 30, 2019 9:34 pm

How can I tell what my original settings were when I change a setting now? the old version had a reverse symbol. Also it seems I cannot go through a slice one layer at a time since there are no arrows at the end of the sliders. I'm currently not a fan of this new version. may be going back.
Raise 3d Pro 2, IdeaMaker

tja

Postby tja » Fri May 31, 2019 2:36 pm

Also it seems I cannot go through a slice one layer at a time since there are no arrows at the end of the sliders

Actually, there are arrows to the right of the numeric boxes. Also, if you put your mouse over the sliders and use your scroll wheel you can move through the print 3 steps or layers at a time for a coarser run through.

For what it's worth I really like the 3.4.1 version. I always look through a print preview, so the new feature to bring it up automatically is perfect for me. And the other UI improvements tidy it up and make it more logical to use

I am disappointed that we still don't have 3Dconnexion mouse control over the graphical interface. It seems to me that this would be so easy to add.

Kfleck

Postby Kfleck » Fri May 31, 2019 3:50 pm

Thanks tja, I found those, and I wasn't using the start slicing button at the top. I was only using the play button on the left. That's why I couldn't see the reverse buttons.
Thank you.
Raise 3d Pro 2, IdeaMaker

AJM

Postby AJM » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Annoying issues with ideaMaker 3.4.1

These are not necessarily bugs, but issues that hinder productivity.

1. Rotate command: It sure took a long time before the rotation button got color coded. It would be good if the labels (ie: X-axis) can also be colored? It is a simple change, but it would help a lot.

2. Move command: Z arrow is purple, whereas it is blue on other command. Why are you trying to confuse us? It needs to be blue as shown in the direction angle in the left corner.

3. Move command: Please color-code the labels (ie: X, Y, Z). It makes it much easier to tell the direction.

4. Move command: The green Y-arrow is behind the Z-arrow. This makes it impossible to move in the Y direction without changing the view angle. The Y-arrow should be in front of the Z-arrow which allows for movement in any direction without view change.

5. View command: It needs to be able to view other angles -- side view from the front to lower objects below the plate (to cut-off the bottom) when desired, and the bottom view to make sure everything is laying flat.

6. Lay flat command: The image stays in wire-frame even after the function has completed. It needs to normalize the image after OK is pressed.

7. Start Slicing function: It would be nice if there was an option to either upload or export automatically after slicing. The selection is already there, but it does not do Start Slicing *and* upload/export immediately afterwards. There exists a nice Behavior Preference which does a preview after slicing, so another option to do an upload would be nice to have.

8. Exit function: The message "The project has been changed..." to save/discard/cancel is annoying when nothing has been changed. When ideaMaker is invoked just with opening a STL file, that should not constitute a change. If nothing else has been added or modified, then it should allow exiting the program without this warning. This may not seem like a big deal, but it becomes very annyong with many printing. If you really want to make sure nothing gets lost, then always save the file with a fixed name at exit time which then can be opened with "Open the most auto-saved file". Or, save the last 10 or so files automatically.

9: Connecting to the printer: "Task finished! Please take the models off the bed, and press Done on the printer". Why bother with this? First of all, the printer shows Success or Failure, not Done. Then when you go to the printer you might as choose the option to print another file instead of Done. ideaMaker might as well offer complete remote control. Any mishaps from leaving the model on the bed is user problem and it can happen remotely or locally (like not seeing a dark remaining piece on the bed). Anyway, that is what the camera is for.

10: Camera: It should be easier to get to the camera view. It would be nice if all you have to do is to click on the camera icon on the home page.

11. If there is only one printer, why not just default to it rather than going through the printer selection screen?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:18 pm

1. Notes taken.
2. The Z arrow is actually red. But because of the transparency setting, when it overlaps with X arrow at some angle of view, it will look like purple.
3. Notes taken.
4. We will discuss how to optimize this better.
5. Do you mean that you want ideaMaker have more different View Angle Switch?
6. Before you select complete and leave Lay Flat status, ideaMaker can't judge whether you have finished Lay Flat select or not unless you choose some other tools to take over the interface.
7. Normally we would suppose that users would check the slicing result and Preview first, then choose Export or Upload.
8. When you open ideaMaker, it is an Empty Project. Once you import something into ideaMaker, the original Empty Project has been changed. Unless you are talking about open another Project saved before, then it is related to change the Startup behavior but not Exit.
9. We will discuss how to optimize this better.
10. Would you like to clarify whether the Home Page is the home page of ideaMaker or the Remote Control Home tab?
If you mean ideaMaker, once you have set up connection of your printer with ideaMaker and opened Camera View, even you close the Remote Control window, it will open the Camera View once your click Connect Printer button.
If you mean Home tab in Remote Control, once you set up connection of your printer with ideaMaker, the right side has a Camera button.
11. The Printer Selecting interface is asking user select a printer to connect with. The connection interface will change depending on whether you have set any secure setting to connection printer or not. The scanning process is set by default and starts automatically. It is hard to ask ideaMaker to confirm whether you will add any extra printer into your network and open ideaMaker at any other place has more than one printer. Connecting the first printer on the list automatically may cause confuse.
AJM wrote:Annoying issues with ideaMaker 3.4.1

These are not necessarily bugs, but issues that hinder productivity.

1. Rotate command: It sure took a long time before the rotation button got color coded. It would be good if the labels (ie: X-axis) can also be colored? It is a simple change, but it would help a lot.

2. Move command: Z arrow is purple, whereas it is blue on other command. Why are you trying to confuse us? It needs to be blue as shown in the direction angle in the left corner.

3. Move command: Please color-code the labels (ie: X, Y, Z). It makes it much easier to tell the direction.

4. Move command: The green Y-arrow is behind the Z-arrow. This makes it impossible to move in the Y direction without changing the view angle. The Y-arrow should be in front of the Z-arrow which allows for movement in any direction without view change.

5. View command: It needs to be able to view other angles -- side view from the front to lower objects below the plate (to cut-off the bottom) when desired, and the bottom view to make sure everything is laying flat.

6. Lay flat command: The image stays in wire-frame even after the function has completed. It needs to normalize the image after OK is pressed.

7. Start Slicing function: It would be nice if there was an option to either upload or export automatically after slicing. The selection is already there, but it does not do Start Slicing *and* upload/export immediately afterwards. There exists a nice Behavior Preference which does a preview after slicing, so another option to do an upload would be nice to have.

8. Exit function: The message "The project has been changed..." to save/discard/cancel is annoying when nothing has been changed. When ideaMaker is invoked just with opening a STL file, that should not constitute a change. If nothing else has been added or modified, then it should allow exiting the program without this warning. This may not seem like a big deal, but it becomes very annyong with many printing. If you really want to make sure nothing gets lost, then always save the file with a fixed name at exit time which then can be opened with "Open the most auto-saved file". Or, save the last 10 or so files automatically.

9: Connecting to the printer: "Task finished! Please take the models off the bed, and press Done on the printer". Why bother with this? First of all, the printer shows Success or Failure, not Done. Then when you go to the printer you might as choose the option to print another file instead of Done. ideaMaker might as well offer complete remote control. Any mishaps from leaving the model on the bed is user problem and it can happen remotely or locally (like not seeing a dark remaining piece on the bed). Anyway, that is what the camera is for.

10: Camera: It should be easier to get to the camera view. It would be nice if all you have to do is to click on the camera icon on the home page.

11. If there is only one printer, why not just default to it rather than going through the printer selection screen?

AJM

Postby AJM » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:32 am

5. Yes, I would like to see View Angle Switch for direct side-view from the front to see the bed plate at eye-level, as well as another view straight from the bottom. They are helpful in checking or adjusting angles to lay flat on the bed, especially with multiple objects.

6. The bug is that the objects stay in wire-frame even after closing The Lay Flat window by clicking its X. Yet another bug is that this window cannot be closed when no object is selected. You have to select at least one body just to close the Lay Flat window.

7. When you are doing a lot of minor design touch-ups there is no need to preview. You just want to get it done, thus an Express-Upload would be a nice feature.

8. When ideaMaker is opened by clicking on STL file or via a program such as Fusion 360, it is automatically loading the file. Thus you are not making a change in a normal sense. Closing such a non-modified project should not mandate a save/discard response.

10. Never mind on this one. I made an error while editing this long list.

11. Once the default printer is set, why not just go to that printer? If there are more than one printer, then perhaps not set the default? It can always show the last used printer at the top of the list when no default is set.

Anyway, thanks for fixing at least some of the issues. :-)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:07 pm

5. Noted.
6. Close the Panel is not exiting the Mode, as LayFlat is still being chosen on the list. You can only switch one Mode to another one in ideaMaker. There is no idle Mode. Even when you just open ideaMaker, it has already by set in View Mode.
7. Noted. We will discuss how to optimize this to be better.
8. ideaMaker regards adding or removing model in an Empty Project as a modify, as the object here is a project but not a single model.
11. There is a bookmark feature in Remote Control. Once you mark your printer there, you can always find it at very top on bookmark list.

Return to “Software”