My printer connects, but refuses to accept uploads

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
IdeaWorks

My printer connects, but refuses to accept uploads

Postby IdeaWorks » Fri May 03, 2019 1:13 am

SO my PRO2 is attached to the network, and I can even log in to it from my PC across the network to see the bed temperature and controls. however, I cant seem to upload any print files to it. When I try, it simply shows me a "upload waiting" window forever. I even tried switching from my 5k to my 2.4 k network and still no-go.

I've been moving the files manually via a USB in the short terms but I dont get why this is a problem, I can see and talk to the printer should I also be able to upload to it?

Any ideas?

Noren

Re: My printer connects, but refuses to accept uploads

Postby Noren » Fri May 03, 2019 12:23 pm

I had problems with slow uploading speeds. If I recall correctly the solution was to limit the printer settings to 10 mbit on the printer interface.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat May 04, 2019 1:34 am

Are you connecting your printer to managed switch?
If so, please check whether you have set both your printer and the managed switch to be auto negotiation disabled, port speed 100m, duplex full.

You can find more information about managed switch settings in the following discussion:
https://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php ... =20#p31677

JBurts

Postby JBurts » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:49 pm

I've started encountering the same issue with not being able to upload to my Raise3D Pro2.

I was able to upload last week without any problem. Yesterday and today, I am just getting an "Upload Waiting" message that never goes away. I can still connect to the printer, can see its status, can remotely start it printing something else already in the printer's storage, but somehow having it upload a new gcode file from ideaMaker isn't working.

I've powered off the printer. I've closed and restarted ideaMaker. It hasn't changed anything. Nothing has changed with the network configuration.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

--James--

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:15 am

Are you using Wi-Fi or Ethernet on printer?
Does the remote control in ideaMaker work or not?

JBurts

Postby JBurts » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:08 pm

Vicky, thanks for responding back with more questions. Hopefully, we can track this down and get it resolved. Having to sneakernet a file with a thumb drive is very disruptive for our workflow.

I"m using Ethernet throughout (ethernet from the PC running ideaMaker, ethernet to the Pro2).

Yes, I can connect remotely from my pc in ideaMaker to the printer. I can remotely start print jobs, can see the camera monitor, and can remove gCode files stored on the printer. (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "remote control".) For some reason, I simply can't get the upload of a newly sliced gCode file to work.

--James--

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Are you using Wi-Fi or Ethernet on printer?
Does the remote control in ideaMaker work or not?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:18 pm

If leaving the remote control window open in ideaMaker and keeping it connected with printer for a while, have you ever met disconnection issue happen during long-time remote control enabled?
Would you like to go to WLAN tab and disable WLAN then reboot the printer and see whether the issue has gone or not?

JBurts

Postby JBurts » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:03 pm

I frequently leave the remote control window open, often for several days straight. I've never had a disconnection issue with it.

I looked at the WLAN, and it was already disabled. Rebooted the printer, and it didn't make any difference.

I decided to try rebooting my pc (instead of simply closing down the ideaMaker program) and that seems to have fixed it. I was able to successfully upload a gcode file, and have remotely had the printer start printing it.

--James--

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:If leaving the remote control window open in ideaMaker and keeping it connected with printer for a while, have you ever met disconnection issue happen during long-time remote control enabled?
Would you like to go to WLAN tab and disable WLAN then reboot the printer and see whether the issue has gone or not?

JBurts

Postby JBurts » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:21 pm

Rebooting my computer worked just fine for uploading one prototype file. However, the next one I tried to upload returned to the same problem with getting a message of "Upload waiting".

Are there limitations in what we can give as the name/description of the item? Thinking about it, I was using some punctuation along with regular letters in the description, including periods, forward slash, and commas. (My description was "cartridge slot - w/ 0.25layer height, 0.6retraction"

Could that be what is causing the upload to stop working?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:51 pm

Would you like to advise what switch you are using? If it is a managed switch, the settings for port will affect uploading.

SimonAlford

Postby SimonAlford » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:41 am

Was there any resolution on this, because my printer has just started to have the same symptoms. It is connected via ethernet and has been fine for three years until today.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:46 pm

Do you mean uploads directly from ideaMaker doesn't work or uploads from any other source?

SimonAlford

Postby SimonAlford » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:43 pm

Uploads directly from ideamaker do not get past upload waiting.
It seems to be the same symptom as in the earlier thread. But in my case everything was fine until last week

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:47 pm

Would you like to help confirm what versions of firmware your printer is currerntly running?
If look at physical printer touchscreen, does it show that it is connected to the network or show any other info. on connecton page?

Return to “Software”