ideaMaker 3.4.0-Beta Release Notes Updated Rev. 3.4.0.2855-Beta, 2019.04.04

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Vicky@Raise3D

ideaMaker 3.4.0-Beta Release Notes Updated Rev. 3.4.0.2855-Beta, 2019.04.04

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:39 pm

Updated Rev. 3.4.0.2855-Beta, 2019.04.04

Update 3.4.0-Beta - 3.4.0.2855-Beta

Fixed the crash issue happens when loading STL files
Fixed the display issue of template list in "Prepare to Slice" panel when deleting a template

=================================================================================
Dear all,

We have released the new version of ideaMaker 3.4.0 Beta today.

Release Notes:
New requested features and debugging based on user feedback.

Read More
https://www.raise3d.com/blogs/news/ideamaker-3-4-0-beta
Download ideaMaker 3.4.0 Beta: https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download

Note: Since we have added a lot new features in this version, it may include some unknown bugs. If you have an important task to slice with, we still recommend you to use the current official version 3.3.0. Quick link: ideaMaker 3.3.0 https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download

EldRick

Re: ideaMaker 3.4.0 Beta Release Notes

Postby EldRick » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:32 pm

Now, could we please get an update to a current version of Marlin to run the actual printer?

jvingaard

Postby jvingaard » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:32 pm

WOW!! :-)

Vice Chief

Postby Vice Chief » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:19 am

Wow. I never thought I'd see adaptive layer height in IdeaMaker. That is just awesome. Can't wait to try it out.

3DWP

Postby 3DWP » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:51 pm

Nice, thanks! Impressive list.

ocelot27

Postby ocelot27 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:47 pm

How about we get non-linear extrusion and some sort of auto bed leveling option for the people who want to be at the cutting edge - at least the cutting edge from 5 years ago...

tja

Postby tja » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:20 pm

Another major upgrade in 6 months, congratulations to the Raise3D team. This doesn't put ideaMaker on the top of the slicer list, but it does keep it firmly in the running as one of the best slicers available.

ocelot27

Postby ocelot27 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:36 pm

Agreed - The FW is what needs work now!

cht47

Postby cht47 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:25 pm

Awesome release!

Working currently with Fusion360 and I use simulation to reinforce critical areas. Then I had artifacts when merging both models together. Now with "Modifier" its awesome.

Past few weeks I tried every other big Slicing software (free and commercial), before that I worked only with Cura. But this software is just exactly in the middle between easy to use and expert user.

That new menu "prepare to slice" is a good UX decision.

But one thing I have to add, make that preview automatic updating itself if you opened it.
Don't deactivate the main window, with a big screen or multi monitor you have enough space for the preview window and the main program.

It should be open, then if I'm not satisfied I want to change slicing settings, hit slice and slice preview updates itself.

Maybe for 3.5? ;)

2CNK

Postby 2CNK » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:28 am

I'd love to try the Beta but I have a question to which I cannot find the answer:

If I install the beta of ideaMaker, will it interfere in any way with the STABLE install of ideaMaker?

To ask another way: can I run both the stable and BETA of ideaMaker together on the same computer with no interference with each other?

I rely on the current stable release for work related printing and don't want to risk messing anything up.

cht47

Postby cht47 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:47 pm

2CNK wrote:I'd love to try the Beta but I have a question to which I cannot find the answer:

If I install the beta of ideaMaker, will it interfere in any way with the STABLE install of ideaMaker?

To ask another way: can I run both the stable and BETA of ideaMaker together on the same computer with no interference with each other?

I rely on the current stable release for work related printing and don't want to risk messing anything up.

If you try to install the beta release it finds the stable and wants to uninstall it before you proceed with the installation. Just try it, if you find a bug then just install stable again. For 100% security export your slicing profiles and machine settings before you install 3.4.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:46 am

cht47 wrote:Awesome release!

Working currently with Fusion360 and I use simulation to reinforce critical areas. Then I had artifacts when merging both models together. Now with "Modifier" its awesome.

Past few weeks I tried every other big Slicing software (free and commercial), before that I worked only with Cura. But this software is just exactly in the middle between easy to use and expert user.

But one thing I have to add, make that preview automatic updating itself if you opened it.
Don't deactivate the main window, with a big screen or multi monitor you have enough space for the preview window and the main program.

It should be open, then if I'm not satisfied I want to change slicing settings, hit slice and slice preview updates itself.

Maybe for 3.5? ;)

Would you like to clarify whether the you want have the Preview window automatically shows up after slicing or have two split windows, one for model the other for Preview? If it is the second, it occupy a lot room from graphic card. ideaMaker is currently clearing all the occupy of graphic card before turning into Preview page.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:47 am

2CNK wrote:I'd love to try the Beta but I have a question to which I cannot find the answer:

Only one ideaMaker can be installed in one computer. The newly installed one will cover the current one in your computer.

DeX

Postby DeX » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:20 am

I can't no longer choose which printer to upload... with the mouse wheel :(
fix it! fix it! fix it!
Attachments
upload.JPG

cht47

Postby cht47 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:49 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

Maybe for 3.5? ;)

Would you like to clarify whether the you want have the Preview window automatically shows up after slicing or have two split windows, one for model the other for Preview? If it is the second, it occupy a lot room from graphic card. ideaMaker is currently clearing all the occupy of graphic card before turning into Preview page.

Change 1:
Its faster with the new menu but UX could still be improved. Old way was -> start slicing -> select template -> maybe edit -> slice -> wait -> click preview -> wait -> see result
For one tiny change you had to repeat all the steps. Now its: Edit -> slice -> wait -> click preview
Would be nice to have a Checkbox for Auto Preview close to the Slice button in the new menu.

Further improvement with 2nd change:
First the model disappears in the main window, second I can not change the settings fast and hit slice. Instead I have to close the preview first. In that case the preview takes about 600MB VRAM, thats not that much, even our office PCs have 2GB VRAM.
change2.png

I don't know why its important to clear the ressources, I hit preview again anyway if I changed a setting. Because IM preview is very good, I get what I see (even the seam / coasting).

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:38 am

cht47 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

Maybe for 3.5? ;)

Change 1:
Its faster with the new menu but UX could still be improved. Old way was -> start slicing -> select template -> maybe edit -> slice -> wait -> click preview -> wait -> see result
For one tiny change you had to repeat all the steps. Now its: Edit -> slice -> wait -> click preview
Would be nice to have a Checkbox for Auto Preview close to the Slice button in the new menu.

First the model disappears in the main window, second I can not change the settings fast and hit slice. Instead I have to close the preview first. In that case the preview takes about 600MB VRAM, thats not that much, even our office PCs have 2GB VRAM.
change2.png

I don't know why its important to clear the ressources, I hit preview again anyway if I changed a setting. Because IM preview is very good, I get what I see (even the seam / coasting).

After the model disappears, the Preview still takes 600MB VRAM, if not, it will take more. Is your computer 32-bit windows? 32 -bit windows does have limitation for each process to make them under 1GB VRAM.
Thanks for your suggestions about the workflow. We will improve it in future versions.

ocelot27

Postby ocelot27 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:52 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

Only one ideaMaker can be installed in one computer. The newly installed one will cover the current one in your computer.

Not if you're running OSX.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:15 pm

DeX wrote:I can't no longer choose which printer to upload... with the mouse wheel :(
fix it! fix it! fix it!

Notes taken. Sorry for the inconvenience.

cht47

Postby cht47 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:12 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
cht47 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

Change 1:

vram.png

After the model disappears, the Preview still takes 600MB VRAM, if not, it will take more. Is your computer 32-bit windows? 32 -bit windows does have limitation for each process to make them under 1GB VRAM.
Thanks for your suggestions about the workflow. We will improve it in future versions.

Windows 10 1809 x64
Ryzen 1600X @3.8
32GB @3200Mhz
Vega 64 with 8GB VRAM

vram.png

358MB RAM and only + 800MB VRAM used after preview finished. Don't have a 3d model to get it over 2GB VRAM.

The Software takes some VRAM after start, but loading a model adds only some MB, makes no sense to hide it in the preview.

duke666

Re: ideaMaker 3.4.0-Beta Release Notes Updated Rev. 3.4.0.2855-Beta, 2019.04.04

Postby duke666 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:31 pm

Please translate all the settings into Russian, half remain in English

Return to “Software”