Surface:

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
jvingaard

Surface:

Postby jvingaard » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 pm

Why is it so hard to get a proper surface on flat prints, it is impossible to avoid travelmarks or strinning even if you have the right settings for it. :-(

tja

Re: Surface:

Postby tja » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:48 pm

The technology is in its infancy, so it isn't just plug & play - yet. If you think about what your printer is trying to do you soon realize that prints are unlikely to be perfect. So the best you can hope for right now is a compromise.

Having said that it may be that somebody here can help you improve your prints. The devil is definitely in the details, so can you be more specific about your settings etc, maybe include some pictures?

mmoraes80

Postby mmoraes80 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:02 pm

Usually what I do is check the box "Avoid retraction inside models" but also enable the option to retract on X top / bottom layers. By doing this, the appearance does not get affected by the scratching issues (like S3D which is on/off only).

Also, check the maintenance of your printer (X/Y axis excessive play can cause surface imperfections.

markm

Postby markm » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:20 pm

Oh so you want nice looking prints eh? That's going to cost you. Someone gave me an I3 Mega that produces really nice looking prints, I don't know if it's ironing or what but the come out great, my Pro2, not so much. Maybe there's a setting somewhere that I haven't found.

Return to “Software”