Raise3D connected with 3DPrinterOS

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
ThomasVDB

Raise3D connected with 3DPrinterOS

Postby ThomasVDB » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi,

We currently using 3DPrinterOS to manage a fleet of Prusa Mk3's. These are controlled with a raspberry pi which connects with the internet.

We also have two Raise3D printer. But is there a way to connect these to a raspberry pi so that I can use them with 3DPrinteros?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Raise3D connected with 3DPrinterOS

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:51 pm

I don't believe you can achieve it on our printers, unless you don't want to use the original touchscreen to receive the print status and deliver codes to main board.

ThomasVDB

Postby ThomasVDB » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:52 pm

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for your response. I was already aware that I would lose the original touchscreen and that's fine by us.

I already tried unplugging the touchscreen and instead replace it with a raspberry pi that would sent a signal to the main board. But when I tried this with a generic coding provided by 3DPrinterOS, an error message (serial error: No such device or ...) would pop up and I can't do anything with the printer anymore.

There isn't a setting that I would have to change to make it possible or does the Raise3D need a specialized code to make this happen?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:29 am

Do you mean that you have seen the error when you connect the printer to raspberry pi? You may have connected the wrong serial port so that the data can be communicate properly.
Sorry, but we haven't tried this before, or I can show you the correct wiring can work or configuration guide.

ThomasVDB

Postby ThomasVDB » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:19 am

Hi Vicky,

Yes as soon as I connect the raspberry Pi or as soon as I disconnect the touch screen I get an error.
It's the blue cable that I disconnect and this is the port where I connect the raspberry Pi to. Is this the correct way?

Thanks for the advice!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:57 pm

Yes, the blue cable is the cable connecting touchscreen and motion board to communicate information between the two boards.
Is that any setting or option on Rasberry Pi to choose a USB port to get information properly?

ThomasVDB

Postby ThomasVDB » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:00 am

I don't fully understand your question. The raspberry Pi has a software program designed by 3DPrinterOS and connects with the PRUSA i3 MK3 throught the same way. I connect the raspberry pi with the same type of cable as the Raise3D (the cable I showed one post above). Then the printer shows up on my online printfarm platform. But as soon as I try to connect the Raise3D an error pops (serial error: No such device or ...). Is there a way how I can iradicate this error? Then I might just control the Raise3D the same way as I control the PRUSA. Which would be benificial for us.

JamesW

Postby JamesW » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:03 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Do you mean that you have seen the error when you connect the printer to raspberry pi? You may have connected the wrong serial port so that the data can be communicate properly.
Sorry, but we haven't tried this before, or I can show you the correct wiring can work or configuration guide.

Can you point me to that Configuration guide? I am not sure I want to unplug the LCD control board but am thinking about it.

Thanks.
- James

JamesW

Postby JamesW » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:06 pm

ThomasVDB wrote:I don't fully understand your question. The raspberry Pi has a software program designed by 3DPrinterOS and connects with the PRUSA i3 MK3 throught the same way. I connect the raspberry pi with the same type of cable as the Raise3D (the cable I showed one post above). Then the printer shows up on my online printfarm platform. But as soon as I try to connect the Raise3D an error pops (serial error: No such device or ...). Is there a way how I can iradicate this error? Then I might just control the Raise3D the same way as I control the PRUSA. Which would be benificial for us.

I am just throwing this out there but maybe the port speed might be the problem. Personally, connect the Pi, reboot the printer, and try various connection speeds. (I know Octoprint can vary the speeds. I am just assuming that the software you are trying to use can change it too.)
-James

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:45 am

We don't really know the steps about how to setup.
But you may can check the Baud Rate you set. The Baud Rate should be 230400.
Besides that, we don't really have a lot knowledge about how to start running it properly.

Return to “Software”