Infill Flowrate has no effect

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
ss1978

Infill Flowrate has no effect

Postby ss1978 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:32 am

I like to print prototype parts with a 100% infill for strength. They are usually a couple mm thick. I have had difficulty getting good infill without gaps, especially on the first layer. I thought a way to correct this would be to the "Infill Flowrate" under the infill tab, but it appears to have zero effect. I have attached several files of similar profiles and their resulting g-code with the only difference being I set the infill flowrate to 100% in the first and 400% in the second (an exaggerated amount so I could clearly see effect) - but I notice no difference in the g-code output. I don't know much about g-code, but thought I should at least see different extrusion quantities and I would expect the the final extrusion lengths to be very different at the end of the file, however they are exactly the same. I have used layer settings - but nothing that changes the "Infill Flowrate". I also see no differences in my results if I change "Infill Extrusion Width Percentage".

I have noticed that if I change the "Bottom Infill Flowrate" that it does actually make a difference - but not on the first layer. The only value that affects the first layer is "First Layer Flowrate" but I do not want the entire first layer at a different flowrate, just the infill. There appears to be no way to do that. Am I missing something?

testingArchive.zip
(179.14 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Phife

Re: Infill Flowrate has no effect

Postby Phife » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:20 pm

Go to the Raft tab and set the surface layer infill ratio there. The first layer has a different setting so you can adjust your bed adhesion.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:05 pm

First Layer Flowrate is under First Layer Settings section under Layer tab.
The First Layer Settings under Platform Additions tab are for the first two layers of Raft.

ss1978

Postby ss1978 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Vicky - have you had a chance to look at the files? Any idea on why there is no effect?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 am

The First Layer Flowrate affects the whole first layer. The settings of First Layer has the highest priority for the first layer of the model.
If you'd like to separate the different structures on first layer, we can consider to make it happen in future versions.

Return to “Software”