Wipe Wall flowrate

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
miszun

Wipe Wall flowrate

Postby miszun » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:30 am

It often happens after extruder switch so that the filament extruded on the wipe wall take a shortcut, causing wipe wall damage (recoverable or not).
Wipe Wall Shortcut.jpg

In other cases the wipe wall is not strong enough, especially when oozing prone material is used. Setting a double loop wipe wall may help in this case, but it would extend the printing time.
I think that some overextrusion could help in both situation. If only we could set the flowrate for wipe wall...
What do you think about that?

Noren

Re: Wipe Wall flowrate

Postby Noren » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:53 am

It would probably help in this case. But it looks like you should calibrate the nozzle offset. Looks like your white filament are a smidge to much to the right.

miszun

Postby miszun » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Yes, you're right, picture was taken during printing offset calibration test after hot end replacement. The idea occurred to me right during printing that calibration.
But sometimes it happens even on calibrated printer, or during one nozzle part-job.
And single-loop wipe wall is sometimes too weak for bigger prints. Maybe setting higher flowrate for the wipe wall could help that without compromising the printing time, if the setting was possible. Just my thought.

Noren

Postby Noren » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:46 pm

Yes. I think you have a solid good idea. :)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:47 am

Printing Wipewall at lower speed may help.

Return to “Software”