idle extruder first layer temp

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
wedonaldson

idle extruder first layer temp

Postby wedonaldson » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:41 am

Received my pro 2 plus last week and tried some pla prints with polysupport. Pla in the left and polysupport in the right. I did all updates to ideamaker, motion board, and raise touch. I have set idea maker to cool inactive extruder both left and right to 180. The problem I'm having is at the beginning of the print ( after both nozzles and bed are up to temp.) the idle extruder does not cool down as the first layer is being printed. It oozes until the nozzle is depleted of filament or tool change needed. (Either way the oozing is messing print up). So when the first tool change happens ( in the back left corner) it does it immediately because the idle extruder is still up to temperature since the start of print. However once the first support layer has printed and tool change is needed print head goes back to left back corner and ( in order) heat left extruder then does tool change and starts printing the pla 2nd layer. Then the right extruder DOES finally start cooling to 180.
(Did a support ticket that I'm in the middle of now. On the fourth reply from me saying yes I updated all software. But dang I only get one reply a day from support)

Any help appreciated

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: idle extruder first layer temp

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:19 pm

The current software won't ask the idle nozzle to cool down until finish the first nozzle switching.
I will feedback your issue to the software team and have them see whether it is possible to achieve have idle nozzle cooling down under nozzle purge.

Spud

Postby Spud » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:27 pm

When printing with one extruder the other really should not be heated up.
The ooze from the needlessly heated nozzle causes problems.

If the print needs both nozzles then yea heat both....but please allow us to heat only the nozzle(s) called out in the gcode.

Fewer problems = more love.
California, USA
R3D Pro2

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:31 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. Will feedback to software team.

Sunshine

Postby Sunshine » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:24 pm

I am also having this issue. It is a huge problem since I have PVA in one of the nozzles. After being heated for a while, the nozzle gets partially clogged with burnt PVA which makes it impossible to stick the PVA when it is that nozzles time to print.

I can solve it by adding a small modell beside the one I want to print, but that seems suboptimal.

I get that you need to heat both nozzles at the beginning so that the nozzles can retract, but after that the cooldown of the inactive extruder has to work!

Return to “Software”