Major Update & Improvements for Pro2 and N Series

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Major Update & Improvements for Pro2 and N Series

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:50 pm

You can try the feature called Cool Down Inactive Extruder so that the temperature of the used nozzle will be reduced to the lower target temperature you set when it is not printing.
WipeWall and Wipe Tower can also help wipe the leaking filament on nozzle tips.

AirtomicEng

Postby AirtomicEng » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:49 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:You can try the feature called Cool Down Inactive Extruder so that the temperature of the used nozzle will be reduced to the lower target temperature you set when it is not printing.
WipeWall and Wipe Tower can also help wipe the leaking filament on nozzle tips.

I'm not talking about oozing. I'm talking about the printhead actually pushing filament through the nozzle before it starts moving and it always does this right after switching nozzles.

Here is the sequence:
1. Finish printing first layer with left nozzle
2. Switch nozzle
3. move printhead to ooze tower position
3. extrude blob of material onto plate/previous layer.
4. try to continue printing.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Would you like to show how big the blob was? What temperature and template you are using to print for both nozzles now?

Fleurnoir

Postby Fleurnoir » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:57 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
claytony565 wrote:
Would you like to share the .idea, .gcode and .data files with us to test?

It turns out it was a broken coupler, it just so happened to be at the same time I had done the updates.

Thanks for your update!

all1

Postby all1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:04 pm

I do be interested in this to know more.

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:42 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
simon wrote:I notice that the acceleration overrides have been removed from the Pro2 templates in ideaMaker. Is this correct? After installing all these updates my usually quiet Pro2 now sounds like it is trying to rattle itself to pieces!!!

As we mentioned in newly update release page, we have optimized the acceleration values for Pro2 templates. So we set the override to be disable by default. If you need to print with your own settings, you can check the overriding and change the values.
For the abnormal movements of your printer, have you changed any value or check any mechanical part?

Can someone add option to set up "z-offset" directly from printer firmware - for users, who use more than one build plate?

gehrt

Postby gehrt » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:02 pm

Labirynt wrote:Can someone add option to set up "z-offset" directly from printer firmware - for users, who use more than one build plate?

I bought a Pro2 some days ago with a second print plate for buildtak fex. As i saw that that it is impossible to use two different print plates, i was very disappointed. For a professional product this has to be a feature. So please update as soon as possible. Should be no problem for a company with such a small product range ;-)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:44 am

The Z offset on Touchscreen has been added into developing list.
Thanks the feedbacks!
Before it's been added into Touchscreen, it is able to be modified in ideaMaker.

gehrt

Postby gehrt » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:55 pm

Can you be more precise? When will it be implemented in ideamaker and when will it be implemented in touchscreen?
I ask, because i read in a thread from 2016 the wish to modify z-offset, and again in 2018 and nothing happend.
Coming from marlin based printer it is a normal feature to adjust z-offset or babystepping.
And if i buy a printer with perfectly aligned rock solid build plate - Pro2 - why do i always have to adjust z-offset in hardware? There ist no need and no sense in it. Implementing in ideamaker and in touchscreen is no "big thing" and would make life easier for many people.
Of course there is a potential to damage, but that's no reason to not implement.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:31 am

For the touchscreen we have added it into developing list. I can't promised when it will be completed and released as there are a lot features on plan on the list.
In ideaMaker, it has already being implamented under global offsets.

gehrt

Postby gehrt » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:55 am

If i want to switch between the delivered built plate (3.45mm thickness) and another one with the buildtak flexplate system (6.1mm thickness), do i only have to change z-offset in ideamaker by +2.65mm? Or do i have to adjust z-offset in hardware, because the nozzle touches thte buildplate while initializing?

I tried myself with z=+2.65 mm and it seems that the initial process before printing doesn't use this offset. So it is unusable and there is nearly no sense in it. Disappointing.

Could i have found an answer elsewhere?

ccclarke

Postby ccclarke » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:55 pm

If you've got a FlexPlate, what's the advantage of going back and forth swapping it out with a standard build plate?

Either way, manual Z-height adjustment is easy and takes just a couple of minutes. It's no big deal. I've got a FlexPlate on order now, and will use it exclusively since it should drastically reduce the expense of applying new BuildTak sheets on the stock plate.
Male Modeler / Sub-Human

Return to “Software”