New Idea Maker

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
JohnSays

Re: New Idea Maker

Postby JohnSays » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:16 pm

I will give it another shot when 4.1.1 comes out.
- John

2 Raise3D N2 Duals, Bondtech BMGs, adjustable table, Panucatt SD2224 drivers, run-out sensor, thermal overload protection, Firmware 1.1.9ABH - with Lin_Advance, Palette 2 Pro, Custom E3D hot end and ultra-light carriage and printer head

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Me also I’m waiting for it.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:30 am

JohnSays wrote:The number one item that keeps me from using IM more is lack of sequential printing. I often print the same object over and over. If something fails while doing sequential printing, I still have as many as got fully printed before the failure. However, if I am printing 20 of an object as IM does it, and something goes wrong, I loose all 20 even if they are on the last few layers. So sequential is the most important feature you could add for me.

I love the way IM slices my models. Far superior to Simplify3D -- which is getting to be the worst slicer on the market IMO.

Much less important to me: It would sure be nice to not have to do so many button clicks to edit a template. A flatter interface would be much appreciated. Think about this: How many of us only want to edit the infill or shells? I almost never use that first form to do anything accept get into the full edit of the template. Also, I would like to see a tab just for speeds - rather than having speeds spread out onto different tabs.

SajjadA wrote:I think that the template editing infterface could be much nicer. Like John Says says (lol), certain settings really deserve their own tab because they're spread out across the different tabs. Furthermore, a simple search box would be extremely helpful.

For the speed tab, may need consider whether a lot customers have the similar idea or people can hardly find the settings if they are used to edit the settings by print structures.
The idea of search box sounds cool.

JohnSays

Postby JohnSays » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:46 pm

I feel compelled to leave a comment about Cura 3.6. I cannot believe the control they give us at all levels. At first blush I wanted to say, "Whoa! That's too much!" However, as I have been trying to set new speed printing records on my N2, I am extremely happy with the Cura options.

I am now printing reliable prototypes at 120mm/sec with acceleration at 3000 and jerk at 12. Travel is at 200 with acceleration at 4000 and jerk 15. (Don't try this with a stock or even BMG setup.) That is with a highly modified print carriage and 2200 series stepper drivers. My entire print assembly has 43% less weight than a stock single extruder. I'm testing that right now and it looks very good after many hours of printing can calibration. Once I am certain this mod works, I will implement a mod that saves 64% over the stock -- that's also 46% better than a Bondtech single extruder solution. Also, I'm running a stock E3D setup (no modded cold end). The entire modification is only costing me 2.3mm of Z height. Once I have everything working as planned I will show it. Btw, ringing as 120mm/s is a big fat ZERO.

If you are interested in the actual weight, my current total weight of printhead, electronics, x & y rods, and extruder is 546g. My next test will weigh 345g. Stock is 958g with one extruder. Using a BMG single extruder with all stock Raise3D parts is 790g.
- John

2 Raise3D N2 Duals, Bondtech BMGs, adjustable table, Panucatt SD2224 drivers, run-out sensor, thermal overload protection, Firmware 1.1.9ABH - with Lin_Advance, Palette 2 Pro, Custom E3D hot end and ultra-light carriage and printer head

Alex M.

Postby Alex M. » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:11 am

JohnSays wrote:I feel compelled to leave a comment about Cura 3.6. I cannot believe the control they give us at all levels. At first blush I wanted to say, "Whoa! That's too much!" However, as I have been trying to set new speed printing records on my N2, I am extremely happy with the Cura options.

I am now printing reliable prototypes at 120mm/sec with acceleration at 3000 and jerk at 12. Travel is at 200 with acceleration at 4000 and jerk 15. (Don't try this with a stock or even BMG setup.) That is with a highly modified print carriage and 2200 series stepper drivers. My entire print assembly has 43% less weight than a stock single extruder. I'm testing that right now and it looks very good after many hours of printing can calibration. Once I am certain this mod works, I will implement a mod that saves 64% over the stock -- that's also 46% better than a Bondtech single extruder solution. Also, I'm running a stock E3D setup (no modded cold end). The entire modification is only costing me 2.3mm of Z height. Once I have everything working as planned I will show it. Btw, ringing as 120mm/s is a big fat ZERO.

If you are interested in the actual weight, my current total weight of printhead, electronics, x & y rods, and extruder is 546g. My next test will weigh 345g. Stock is 958g with one extruder. Using a BMG single extruder with all stock Raise3D parts is 790g.

:shock: Can't wait to hear / see more!

JohnSays

Postby JohnSays » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 am

Thanks. I'll post a full update as soon as I think I have a viable solution.
- John

Return to “Software”