Print turns into Spaghetti

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Remy

Print turns into Spaghetti

Postby Remy » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:57 am

Hi all,

First post on this forum, so please be gentile..

I have a print that turns into spaghetti and I have no idea why. Can anyone help me understand why and how I can solve this in the future?

Attachments:
Pictures of the print going wrong
Bin file with settings

Specs:
Raise3Dpro 3 plus
Ideamater 4.2.3
Nozzle 1mm
Attachments
TopdeT- Topcover 1 take-export.bin
(24.17 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
02.JPG
03.JPG
01.JPG

Ryan@Raise3D

Re: Print turns into Spaghetti

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:34 am

From the pictures it appears the model in this case is too thin to print that high up causing the part to wobble more and more till eventually the part fails and in this case the part stayed stuck to the bed, but it does appear to have tilted down more causing the plastic to not meet up with the print properly. I suggest here adding more support to the model to help reduce how much it can move, or try to lay it on the bed if possible. In some cases slowing the print down as it gets higher could help, but with how this print is at an angle this may not be possible.

Remy

Postby Remy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:59 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. Is there a way to add support after slicing? I noticed some difference between setting up support manually and automatically (within the slicing properties). Also is there a angled support option or tree support? That would help a lot.

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:42 pm

Unfortunaly there is no way to add supports after the code is sliced and if you are looking to add angled supports this is something that can be done by orienting the model so that the supports will generate vertically on the portion you want the angled supports then rotate the model to the final orientation and the added supports will rotate with the model.

DrewPetitclerc

Postby DrewPetitclerc » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:14 am

I have had many occasions to print large thin walled parts on edge in my machine, they were multi curved structures and the amount of support generated would mar the surface finish and generate a lot of excess debris, what I did was add a triangular support rib to both side of the part in my design that were not fully attached, there was a 0.008 inches(0.2mm) gap for the supporting ribs to breakaway, these would stop the "wobble" of the part and were far less lost material than all the generated support would be.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-08-14 000359.jpg
Screenshot 2022-08-14 000116.jpg
Senior Principal Designer
CAD expert user
3D Printing Teacher
Designer
Student
Artist
Comic Book collector
All around nice guy!
https://petitclercdesigns.com/