FEATURE IM 4.1.1 Match Layer Start Point for Skirt, Brim, and Raft

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
svandru

FEATURE IM 4.1.1 Match Layer Start Point for Skirt, Brim, and Raft

Postby svandru » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:25 pm

Title: Layer Start Point for Skirt, Brim, and Raft
Description: Skirts, brims and rafts always have their layer start point at 0,0 ignoring the layer start point set in the layer tab. I would like these platform additions to use the same start point as the object being printed. This should be the case whether the layer start point is fixed or calculated, but especially if it is fixed.
Version: 4.1.1
Operation System: MacOS Mohave 10.14.6
Reason: When the skirt/brim/raft finishes, the nozzle moves in a straight line to the start of the object to be printed. If the object layer start point is not 0,0, the nozzle can cross under the object, leaving a string of filament that ruins the look of the bottom layer. If the skirt/brim had the same layer start point as the object, the nozzle would have a very short move to the object without crossing it. This would also speed up the print by a very small amount.

This is not always a problem, but I usually print on PEX to get a glossy first layer. When using a really stringy filament (I’m currently using Filament-PM WoodJet), there is a string of filament that gets laid down on the bed under my object, marring that nice surface.

Thank you for your consideration.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: FEATURE IM 4.1.1 Match Layer Start Point for Skirt, Brim, and Raft

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:24 am

Thanks for your suggestions!
We will add this request into developing list.

Return to “Software”