ideaMaker 3.4.0-Beta Release Notes Updated Rev. 3.4.0.2855-Beta, 2019.04.04

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
Vicky@Raise3D

Re: ideaMaker 3.4.0-Beta Release Notes Updated Rev. 3.4.0.2855-Beta, 2019.04.04

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:42 am

duke666 wrote:Please translate all the settings into Russian, half remain in English

We will finish the translation when release official version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: ideaMaker 3.4.0 Beta Release Notes

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:51 am

cht47 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
cht47 wrote:
Change 1:
Its faster with the new menu but UX could still be improved. Old way was -> start slicing -> select template -> maybe edit -> slice -> wait -> click preview -> wait -> see result
For one tiny change you had to repeat all the steps. Now its: Edit -> slice -> wait -> click preview
Would be nice to have a Checkbox for Auto Preview close to the Slice button in the new menu.

Further improvement with 2nd change:
First the model disappears in the main window, second I can not change the settings fast and hit slice. Instead I have to close the preview first. In that case the preview takes about 600MB VRAM, thats not that much, even our office PCs have 2GB VRAM.
change2.png

I don't know why its important to clear the ressources, I hit preview again anyway if I changed a setting. Because IM preview is very good, I get what I see (even the seam / coasting).

After the model disappears, the Preview still takes 600MB VRAM, if not, it will take more. Is your computer 32-bit windows? 32 -bit windows does have limitation for each process to make them under 1GB VRAM.
Thanks for your suggestions about the workflow. We will improve it in future versions.

Windows 10 1809 x64
Ryzen 1600X @3.8
32GB @3200Mhz
Vega 64 with 8GB VRAM

vram.png

358MB RAM and only + 800MB VRAM used after preview finished. Don't have a 3d model to get it over 2GB VRAM.

The Software takes some VRAM after start, but loading a model adds only some MB, makes no sense to hide it in the preview.

Thanks for your information. We will take into consideration and improve the preview in future versions.

ceegee

Postby ceegee » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:05 am

Hi

I really love ideamaker. I find it very stable and quick. I did notice with the latest beta that the middle mouse button no longer does anything. Previously you could move the printer display around. If there is some other shortcut please let me know.

Regards
Chris

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:39 pm

ceegee wrote:Hi

I really love ideamaker. I find it very stable and quick. I did notice with the latest beta that the middle mouse button no longer does anything. Previously you could move the printer display around. If there is some other shortcut please let me know.

Regards
Chris

Thanks for your support!
Would you like to take some screenshots to show me which feature in which interface you are mentioning?

JVa3d

Postby JVa3d » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:30 am

Hi Vicky,

will ideamaker be in french in the future?

ceegee

Postby ceegee » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

Regards
Chris

Thanks for your support!
Would you like to take some screenshots to show me which feature in which interface you are mentioning?

Hi Vicky

It relates to the pan feature. Previously I could just hold the middle mouse button down and pan the screen. Now it seems I have to click the pan button and manipulate via the left button. Also noticed drag and drop of stl file into the window no longer seems to work. I get a mouse icon appear with circle with line through it indicating this is not a valid operation (whilst dragging the stl file and hovering over the window).

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:06 pm

JVa3d wrote:Hi Vicky,

Yes, it is on our plan. Our sales partners and Europe team are working together to make it happen.

JVa3d

Postby JVa3d » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:05 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
JVa3d wrote:Hi Vicky,

Yes, it is on our plan. Our sales partners and Europe team are working together to make it happen.

:D :D :D :D :D good news!!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:52 pm

ceegee wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

Regards
Chris

Thanks for your support!

Hi Vicky

It relates to the pan feature. Previously I could just hold the middle mouse button down and pan the screen. Now it seems I have to click the pan button and manipulate via the left button. Also noticed drag and drop of stl file into the window no longer seems to work. I get a mouse icon appear with circle with line through it indicating this is not a valid operation (whilst dragging the stl file and hovering over the window).

I just tried middle mouse button on my computer with the new version of ideaMaker, it seems working properly for me.
Please check your mouse drive or other related mouse settings in your computer to see whether you can find anything related.

The file drag issue should be something banned by your operation system. Try edit ideaMaker to be Run as Administrator by default and see whether can fix the issue.

DeX

Postby DeX » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:01 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
duke666 wrote:Please translate all the settings into Russian, half remain in English

We will finish the translation when release official version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

With a pop-up explanations of the setting ? ;)
I use EN btw.

ceegee

Postby ceegee » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:34 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
ceegee wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Thanks for your support!

Hi Vicky

I just tried middle mouse button on my computer with the new version of ideaMaker, it seems working properly for me.
Please check your mouse drive or other related mouse settings in your computer to see whether you can find anything related.

The file drag issue should be something banned by your operation system. Try edit ideaMaker to be Run as Administrator by default and see whether can fix the issue.

Hi Vicky

Everything is now working ie both the pan support with middle mouse button and the stl drag and drop support (running as normal User not as administrator). There was a windows update yesterday so not sure if this is what fixed the issue. I had previously tried rebooting without any improvements. In any event nice to get this functionality back.

Cheers
Chris

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:36 pm

DeX wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

With a pop-up explanations of the setting ? ;)
I use EN btw.

Do you mean French version pop-up explanations for settings?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:38 pm

ceegee wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
ceegee wrote:
Hi Vicky

Hi Vicky

Everything is now working ie both the pan support with middle mouse button and the stl drag and drop support (running as normal User not as administrator). There was a windows update yesterday so not sure if this is what fixed the issue. I had previously tried rebooting without any improvements. In any event nice to get this functionality back.

Cheers
Chris

I should have done a windows update last week as well. But the middle mouse button pan function still works properly for me in ideaMaker. Please check the attached video.
1e32bffdb16a3219f4a90d681b336c8e.rar
(1.37 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:50 pm

We will fix the language issue in the official version.

Return to “Software”