Filament sensor broken?

ckmcwill

Filament sensor broken?

Postby ckmcwill » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:52 am

Hi all, I'm new here. I've only had my printer for a month or so. I've run into an issue with what I think is the filament sensor. When removing filament from the "?quick connector?" (see attached pic, the first hole you feed filament into), it required more force than I expected. Not a ton of force, but it was a bit tight. After filament was removed, no new filament could be fed back into the quick connector. After trying to push filament through that hole a few times, sometimes after give up and can't get filament through, I have been able to see light through the hole from the top, but at other times it appears completely dark. It seems as if a mechanical arm of some sort (which I'm assuming is related to the filament sensor) or something else is blocking the path. Can anyone please advise on how to resolve this issue? Do I need a part replacement or is there an easy way to fix this, either running something else through there or taking this part apart?
Attachments
filament sensor.png

Ryan@Raise3D

Re: Filament sensor broken?

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:54 am

Can I have you try taking the sensor off and inspecting it by following this guide https://support.raise3d.com/Pro3-Series ... -1464.html and see fi there is any debris in the way.

Return to “Pro3 Series”