Is the new Pro 3 stable, and repeatable

Belezeebub

Is the new Pro 3 stable, and repeatable

Postby Belezeebub » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:17 pm

Blunt questions:

I understand the Rasie3d Pro 3 is new, reviews are limited, reviews in English are even more limited.
In the end of April early May period, I will be looking to add another printer to my farm, this printer will be allocated to tight tolerance items with interlocking or moving parts with dissolvable supports or dual color/dual material.
My current farm is mostly Ultimaker and Lulzbot, I was ready plop down for a S5 Pro for this purchase, but I found the R3D Pro3, in the limited number of reviews I have found it seems to have addressed a number of reasons I ruled it out before and at half the price my ROI is better.
I do not want a printer I have to futz with over and over, I do not mind if I must have per model/per filament tweaks as long it is each time it is the same tweak.
If I want to VPN into my shop and start a job I want to know when I get to the shop in ninety minutes, I will have a print not a bad replica of Bob Ross’s hair.
It is common for a client to email me and order fifty pairs of clips, which fit on a single S5 built plate and if they call before nine AM I can drop them off on my way to work the next morning, I can’t do this if they don’t stick and I wind up with an Afro on my printer.
I love the Ultimaker printers because prints just stick, they do not need to be tweaked with I used Ultimaker filament, and it even sets darn close settings that need little or no changes. The bed is leveled before each print, and they are dependable. I have never used the R3D eco system before but at a tad over half the price POI is a driving force on this purchase.
Questions

1. If you are an owner, are they dependable
2. Does the built level work and it is repeatable?
3. If the E3D filament stable or does it very color to color lot to lot. I have had filament that would very as much as 10c from lot to lot which it why I now use only Ultimaker or Polymaker.

Raise3D_User1

Re: Is the new Pro 3 stable, and repeatable

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:57 am

I have 4 of the E2s and the only thing I can tell you is to look for a PEI powdercoated spring steel sheet immediately to replace the buildtak the Pro3 machines also come with. Buildtak is TERRIBLE and gets destroyed way too easily, especially with high temp materials. If you print PETG, especially, a spring steel PEI powdercoated sheet (the ones I got are double sided) will be the last one you need and your prints will stick like glue when hit and release with the slightest pressure if you let it cool completely. If you don't have time for that flexing the plate will release them.

Immm3r

Postby Immm3r » Sat May 07, 2022 5:52 pm

Raise3D_User1 wrote:If you print PETG, especially, a spring steel PEI powdercoated sheet (the ones I got are double sided) will be the last one you need and your prints will stick like glue when hit and release with the slightest pressure if you let it cool completely.

Which one do you use?

Belezeebub

Postby Belezeebub » Sun May 08, 2022 3:44 pm

I am very blunt person, so sorry if I offend anyone, I was hoping for a few more replies to put my mind at ease that this is an active forum and the users are engaged, this printer cost more than they first three cars I purchased combined.
I have used Idea Maker once, so the fact of the matter is I don’t know what it can or can’t do I am not familiar with tips and tricks to get the best out of it. I do all of my slicing in Cura because I just know where the settings are and what they do. I am a Ultiamker/ Taz Shop, I have a few other printers but my go to are always my UM3, Taz6 and S5. I like the fact that I can VPN into my shop slice a print and by the time work is over I have a finished item on my built plate not a bad Bob Ross Hairdo.
Are my Ultiamker perfect NO! are they flawless NO, but I know if my big customer wants 25 new model windows, I can send them and pick them up after work, I don’t have to worry about it and in my little 3d Printer side business time is money.
I use Only Ultiamker filament I don’t have to futz with settings I know from lot to lot it is always the same no dial in required.
I don’t mind having to use branded Raise3d Filament to print on this new printer but I need to know that if 205c/55c is needed for purple that it will always be 205c/55c. I need to know my 36mmx60mm Window will always been that size, I need to know to get a tight corner enabling coast is needed and not that it is needed about 50% of the time, I have tried cheaper printers before and they very too much, I have printed eight windows let the bed cool hit print again and gotten a Bob Ross toupee with no changes.
While due to my NDA I can’t share files my current big job is printing parts for miniature model homes, seventy-three models with seven to nine variations each plus customizations each, I am printing these for all of their stores, so all of my printers are going 24x7 right now. A customer can come in sit down in front of the salesperson and be shown a scale model of their home, and they can ask what if this wall was over here or this window was moved? I have all the parts held to a metal plate with magnets and arranged so they snap in place. I need to know regardless of which printer prints the walls or the cabinets or sink that they will always line up correctly. This is the biggest contract I have gotten with an even bigger payday once it is done. I don’t mind paying for the printer. I just need to know if it is going to be a huge pile of garbage like the Craftbot flow idex I made the mistake of purchasing.

dc@aka

Postby dc@aka » Sun May 08, 2022 4:55 pm

We got two Pro3 plus printers since two or three months working and printing lots of different stuff, mostly (Raise)PLA.
They printed like 800 hours now and not really any issues or problems (not caused by the operator).

The only really wired thing is third party filament and the printquality - you need to use Raise filament to get the very good surface these printers can do.
But it can be totally annoying to use other filaments. Quality drops significantly - i hope there will be more profiles that work soon.

Other than that, i think these are the best printers on the market right now, way better than the S5 we also used and still use for several years.

If you dont mind using the (more expensive) Raise filament go for it.

Belezeebub

Postby Belezeebub » Sun May 08, 2022 6:11 pm

I have no issue using branded filament, I user Ultimaker in all of my Um3 and S5's and polymaker in my Taz's

Raise3D_User1

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:07 pm

dc@aka wrote:We got two Pro3 plus printers since two or three months working and printing lots of different stuff, mostly (Raise)PLA.
They printed like 800 hours now and not really any issues or problems (not caused by the operator).

The only really wired thing is third party filament and the printquality - you need to use Raise filament to get the very good surface these printers can do.
But it can be totally annoying to use other filaments. Quality drops significantly - i hope there will be more profiles that work soon.

Other than that, i think these are the best printers on the market right now, way better than the S5 we also used and still use for several years.

If you dont mind using the (more expensive) Raise filament go for it.

I use Overture PETG and it's been reliable. 255/80 temp setting

Raise3D_User1

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:07 pm

Immm3r wrote:
Raise3D_User1 wrote:If you print PETG, especially, a spring steel PEI powdercoated sheet (the ones I got are double sided) will be the last one you need and your prints will stick like glue when hit and release with the slightest pressure if you let it cool completely.

Which one do you use?

I just ordered some from alibaba, so no real brand name to recommend.

robkot

Postby robkot » Wed May 25, 2022 9:12 am

based on the experience with the pro3 (not plus) so far, I can only recommend the machine with reservations. the device prints well, as reported by previous speakers, there are hardly any problems (fail prints) that were not caused by the user or the model itself. on the other hand, the print quality (even with PLA) is far behind, even compared to the cheapest, well-adjusted machines. Even with a time investment of several months for the optimization of settings, we have not been able to achieve the same quality with the pro3 as with our previously used "cheap printers".

If a device is not urgently needed now, i would definitely wait until the problems mentioned here solved by Raise3D.

ZombiePach

Postby ZombiePach » Wed May 25, 2022 6:41 pm

I mostly agree with robkot. There are issues with the printers. There's a failing hot end control board plaguing some percentage of users and a short list of other nagging issues, some of them carried over from the pro2. On a positive note there's a longer list of things they have improved from the pro2 (auto bed leveling, flexible build plate, detachable/swapable hot end assemblies, cooling efforts etc.). I'm also finding that the Covid lockdowns in China are affecting replacement part availability, and new machines being brought to service the commercial market (RMF500 and metalfuse line) are taxing engineering and support resources. I would speculate with the recent inrush of investment money Raise has recieved recently that this situation will continue for some time (growth/market expansion). Venture Capitalists like Mr. Weng are typically singularily focused on growth above everything else, at the expense of everything else. As such, I too would recommend waiting unless you need an enclosed "large format" dual extruder in the sub $10k range immedietly. With Rapid+ TCT just occuring there is evidence of more options on the horizon that will be exceptionally competitive within this price range and available in the coming year. I'm watching Prusa's XL and their AFS system as well as Mosaic's Element/Element HT and Array system. While Raise seems to be copying as fast as it can, there are others providing innovation for similar dollars. Although that innovation too will have initial challenges smaller companies like Mosaic and Prusa are still focused on user experience/customer input and will resolve those issues quickly. Anyway, good luck with your hunt.

Eric1960

Postby Eric1960 » Thu May 26, 2022 6:16 pm

If you like to drop your money into the trashi bin buy a Raise. I had some complaints and Raise offers to buy back my machine. This is the way how raise like to work. Happy users added to there site unhappy user buy back. Don’t expect any support of raise. My supplier told me we don’t need to expect changes on a production machine, even while the pro3 is totally not ready for production.

ngancitano

Postby ngancitano » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:32 am

I have been very disappointed by both of our Pro3s so far!

It works great for simple materials such as PLA.

It is NOT reliable for engineering-grade materials for long-term 24+ hour prints. We've been dealing with heat creep issues for close to 3 months now, and Raise3D has been unable to provide a solution.

We also have a Pro2+. Same problems but more manageable.

If you don't need the dual nozzle, I'd recommend the Fusion3 Edge over any Raise3D printer any day of the week!

Return to “Pro3 Series”