How do I do a cold pull?

Brigo00

How do I do a cold pull?

Postby Brigo00 » Sun May 22, 2022 10:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how you have all been cleaning your nozzles on the new Pro3?

In the past, my go to step has always to do a cold/atomic pull to help clear any gunk out of the nozzle however the drive gears on the head of the Pro3 make this impossible. The Pro2 had thumb screws with springs that disconnected the drive gears so a cold pull was possible but I don’t see any way to disconnect the drive on the new printer?

I understand that you can now remove the print core, but removing I whilst hot seems difficult and dangerous, and when you need to do several cold pulls to clean it properly, reinserting and removing the core over and over again is a nightmare.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Ryan@Raise3D

Re: How do I do a cold pull?

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Tue May 24, 2022 12:34 am

For the printer you should not need to do a cold pull, but if this is something you would like to attempt I would reccomend that you heat up the hot end and then stop the heating to stop power going to the hot end then while wearing the heat resistant gloves included with the printer remove the hot end and then you should be able to do your cold pull. Another thing you can do is load PLA at around 250c to help push out any material that may be in the hot end.

Brigo00

Postby Brigo00 » Tue May 24, 2022 12:54 am

Many thanks,
There was definitely material build up in the nozzle as at the time for efficiency I swapped the nozzle and it extruded fine after that.

What is the easiest way to temporarily increase the extrusion rate of the head to try and increase the flowrate and really push any burnt material out?

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Tue May 24, 2022 11:51 pm

The easiest way to push out material in this way would be to run the load cycle on the machine at a hotter temp to push out any material in the hot end.

Brigo00

Postby Brigo00 » Wed May 25, 2022 12:11 am

Ok perfect! Thank you

Return to “Pro3 Series”